In this guide, you will learn how to install stock recovery on OnePlus 5T. We have the OnePlus 5T stock recovery available for download. Read ahead to download OnePlus 5T stock recovery and install it on your device.
OnePlus 5T is the latest addition to the Chinese manufacturer’s smartphone lineup. OnePlus 5T is one of the best phones that money can buy right now. Like all the other OnePlus devices, OnePlus 5T is also extremely developer friendly. There are a lot of custom ROMs and custom Kernels available for the device. But once in a while, one might need to go back to complete stock. In that case, we are going to need the stock OxygenOS recovery. Or if the installed custom recovery does not work as intended for some reason, the stock OnePlus 5T OxygenOS recovery is the only hope there. In this guide, we will tell you how to install stock recovery on OnePlus 5T.
Download OnePlus 5T Stock Recovery
You can download the OnePlus 5T Stock Recovery by clicking below:Download OnePlus 5T Stock Recovery
How to Install Stock Recovery on OnePlus 5T
Now there are two ways to flash the Stock Recovery on OnePlus 5T:
Method 1: Through ADB
- The first thing you need to do is to download and install/setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Now copy the above-downloaded OnePlus 5T Stock Recovery to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed. Most probably C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Rename the recovery file to ‘recovery.img‘.
- Reboot OnePlus 5T into fastboot mode.
- Switch off your phone. Wait a few seconds to make sure it is completely turned off.
- Press and hold Power Button + Volume Down button at the same time.
- Once your phone reboots into fastboot mode, connect it to your PC via USB cable.
- Open the folder where ADB and fastboot are installed. Now, hold down Shift Key and Right Click and select ‘Open command window here‘.
- Now execute the below command in the command prompt to flash OnePlus 5T Stock Recovery:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After flashing OnePlus 5T recovery, execute the below command in command prompt to reboot:
- Done! You now have stock recovery on your OnePlus 5T.
Method 2: Through TWRP Recovery
- Copy the downloaded OnePlus 5T Stock Recovery to the internal storage of your OnePlus 5T.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP Recovery:
- Power Down your OnePlus 5T.
- After the phone is completely switched off – Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Buttons at the Same Time.
- Continue Holding these two buttons past the OnePlus/Android Splash Screen that appears.
- When the phone boots into Recovery Mode, release the power and volume down buttons.
- Now, tap on ‘Install’ from the available options. You will be asked to choose a file to flash/install. Important: The default mode is to flash zip files. Toggle the mode to images.
- Now select the downloaded recovery image and choose the type of image as recovery.
- Then ‘Swipe to install‘ and the stock recovery image will be flashed on your phone.
Congratulations, now you have stock Oxygen OS Recovery on your OnePlus 5T! This is the easiest method to install stock recovery on OnePlus 5T.
Need help? Drop a comment below!