The much-awaited Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 8.0 Oreo Update is finally here. In this article, we will guide you on how to install Android Oreo Update on Xiaomi Mi A1. Read ahead to download Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware and know how to manually update Mi A1 to Android Oreo.
The Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Oreo Update with build number N2G47H.7.12.29 is rolling out via OTA and should be available to all users eventually. But if you cannot wait for the update to reach you and want to try it out immediately, we have just the guide for you. In this guide, we will tell you how to download and install the Xiaomi Mi A1 Oreo N2G47H.7.12.29 ROM. If you are looking to get the OTA update, you must be on the build number N2G47H.7.12.19 [Settings > About Phone]. Once you are in the said build number, you should be getting the OTA update [Settings > About phone > Software Updates]. Read ahead to download the Xiaomi Mi A1 Oreo Firmware.
Table of Contents
- Make sure to make a complete backup of your device before proceeding: Guide to Backup Your Android Device Without Root.
- Make sure your device has at least 60% of charge so that it won’t die in the middle of the process.
Download Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware
You can download the Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 8.0 Oreo firmware by clicking below:
- Mi-A1-OPR1.170623.026.7.12.29-stable.7z | 998.6 MB
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo update on Xiaomi Mi A1 [N2G47H.7.12.29]
- Make sure you have installed ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Make sure your Mi A1 Bootloader is unlocked. If not, here’s the guide: How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Make sure you have downloaded the ‘Mi-A1-OPR1.170623.026.7.12.29-stable.7z’ from the downloads section above.
- Unpack the above zip file.
- Make sure ‘USB Debugging’ is enabled on your Mi A1:
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on the ‘Build number’ 5 or 6 times till you see a message ‘You are now a developer’.
- Go back to Settings > Developer Options > Tap on ‘USB Debugging’ to enable the same.
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold Volume down and Power button together.
- In the extracted files, find a file named ‘Rom-Flasher.bat‘ and execute the same.
- You will be presented with three options. Choose the one you like. The developer recommends the Option 2.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
This is the easiest way to install Android Oreo Update on Xiaomi Mi A1. The first boot of the device might take longer than usual, wait patiently.
Need help? Drop a comment below!