Call recording can be a pretty handy feature when needed. Looking for a way to enable call recording on Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro? Well, we have got you covered. In this guide, we will tell you how to enable call recording on Mate 10 Pro and Mate 10.
Huawei launched the Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro smartphones in October 2017. When the phone was launched, Huawei claimed the phone duo to be the most intelligent smartphones powered by their advanced AI technology. One look at the specs and you will know that the phones are an absolute beast. On the software front, we have Huawei’s EMUI 8.0 running on top Android 8.0 Oreo. Talking about EMUI, the software has come a long way. Read ahead to know how to enable call recording on Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.
Enable Call Recording on Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
Call recording is one of the important features that many users miss and actually want on their smartphones. Smartphones sure have come a long way! I still remember using my Galaxy Y with a 3.5 inch VGA Screen and be absolutely amazed by it. While smartphones have improved vastly in many aspects, there are still some areas where we could see a lot of improvement. Call recording is one such area.
There could be many reasons why OEMs decide not to include the call recording option in their devices. The main reason could be because it may not be legal to record calls in some countries. But, that shouldn’t let them not include the feature in the countries where it is absolutely legal. My OnePlus 3 running Oxygen OS has call recording option by default.
If you have been missing call recording option on Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro, we intend to fix that with this guide. By following this guide, you would be able to record calls without having to install a third party app!
- How to Change Fonts in EMUI 8.X Devices [Enable Font Style Option]
- Download and Install 60+ Fonts on EMUI 4.X, 5.X and 8.X Devices [No Root]
- Your Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro Bootloader must be unlocked: How to Unlock Bootloader Of Huawei Mate 10 [Pro]
- Your Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro must be rooted: How to Root Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Mate 10
- You must not have any other call recorders installed on your device.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding.
Steps to Enable Call Recording on Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
- Download the HwCallRecorder.zip file from this link: Download | Mirror
- Copy the downloaded folder to your Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro. You will get a folder named HwCallRecorder.
- Open a root file explorer of your choice. We recommend using MiXplorer, it’s completely free: Price: Free
- Open the root file explorer and grant root access if necessary. Copy the extracted HwCallRecorder folder to the /system/app path of your device’s root folder.
- Set proper permissions to the folder and the subfolders inside it exactly as shown in the below images [Click to enlarge]:
Screenshot Credits: XDA/badmania98
- Go to the Phone app. Tap on the Menu icon at the bottom right corner of the dialer and select Settings.
- Scroll down and look for automatic call recorder option and enable the same.
- On the same screen, you will see ‘Automatic Recording Settings‘ option. Tap on it and select ‘All calls or Numbers’ from the list as you wish.
That is all. This is the easiest way to enable call recording on Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.
How to listen to Recorded Calls in Mate 10/Pro?
To listen to the record calls, go to Phone App > Tap on the Menu icon at the bottom right corner > Click on ‘Call Records’.
Need help? Drop a comment below!