It is always good to know how to install stock firmware on your Android device. After all, they get your device to normal in case anything goes wrong. In this guide, we will tell you how to flash KDZ and TOT Firmware files on LG Device. If you want to unbrick LG device, you can always flash stock firmware on LG device to get back to normal.
While most users do not modify their device in any way, a lot of users still prefer to root their device. Rooting an Android device comes with a lot of perks. You can install custom ROMs, mod, block ads, improve the functionality of existing apps by installing Xposed Modules, etc. You can also get the latest Android version running on your device via a custom ROM once the official updates stop. Of course, there are downsides as well. For starters, your device’s warranty will void once your root your device. Second, if you do not follow the steps properly, you might end up bricking your device. In such cases, there is no other option but to flash stock firmware on your device.
Table of Contents
Flash Stock Firmware on LG Device
If you have ever tried to root your Android device, then you would have probably come across the word ‘brick’. Brick is a state where your Android phone becomes completely unusable and hence essentially becoming a brick. Almost all the features of your device will be completely unusable and the phone would not even boot the OS.
If you have an LG device, you can simply flash LG Stock Firmware to quickly get out of such situations. Although, that may not be the only reason why you may want to flash stock firmware on your LG device. For example, your device could be perfectly working with a custom ROM but you might want to get back to stock to get the latest stock firmware update. In such case, this guide will come in handy for you.
Read ahead to know how to flash stock firmware on LG devices.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root
- Maintain the battery charge percentage at least 60%.
Note: If you run into any trouble while running the flash tool, try disabling the anti-virus program on your PC and then try again.
How to Install KDZ and TOT Firmware on LG Devices
The LG Stock firmware usually come in two formats: .KDZ anf .TOT format. Follow the below guide to flash KDZ and TOT Firmware on LG Devices.
- You need to download LG flash tool. Get the tool here: Download LG Flash Tool and LGUP Tool.
- Make sure you have downloaded the correct stock firmware for your LG device.
- Boot your LG device into download mode:
1. Turn your phone off.
2. Connect it via USB to the PC.
3. Press and hold both volume buttons until it shows ‘Download Mode‘.
- Next, launch the LG Flash Tool on your PC.
Note: If you have trouble with getting your device recognized by the tool, you may want to check out the LG Uppercut Tool.
- Once you are in the flash tool, select ‘CDMA‘ as device type and for the Phone mode select ‘Diag‘.
Note: You can use normal flash if you don’t want to wipe data. The CSE Flash option will completely wipe your device and it is the recommended method.
- Next, select KDZ file tab and select the downloaded stock firmware file.
- Finally, click on the ‘OK’ button to flash stock firmware on your LG device.
Wait for the procedure to complete. Once it is complete, go ahead and restart your device if it does not restart by itself. Please note that the first boot may take longer than usual; nothing to worry.
This is the easiest way to install stock flash stock firmware on LG devices.
Need help? Drop a comment below!