There have been mixed opinions when it comes to the camera performance of OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5. No matter your opinion, if you have been looking for a way to improve OnePPlus 5/5T camera quality, we have got you covered. Read ahead to know how to improve camera quality of OnePlus 5T/5 with OnePlus Camera M.
OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T are absolutely great devices no doubt about that. The phones come with top of the line processor, storage, RAM and an arguably beautiful design. There is no doubt that OxygenOS is one of the most optimized Android OS Skins at the moment. My 2-year-old OnePlus 3 still runs Android 8.0 Oreo, like a dream. But when it comes to the Camera performance of OnePlus devices, there has always been a healthy debate. Some users claim the photos are stunning and some claim that the camera performance could be better. Well, based on my personal experience, I fall into the second category. Don’t get me wrong, I love OnePlus devices. The camera performance has been, and still is, the one area OnePlus could really up their game.
In this guide, we bring you a way to greatly improve the camera quality on your OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5.
Improve Camera Quality on OnePlus 5T/5 with OnePlus Camera M
Despite sporting dual cameras, the camera output of the OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5 still leaves a lot to be desired. In my personal opinion, the camera performance is the one thing that’s stopping OnePlus devices from becoming true flagships.
OnePlus devices have top notch hardware such as a great display, a great industrial design, a great processor, plenty of storage and RAM and a buttery smooth OS. What’s no-so-great is the camera. The OnePlus Camera M mod by XDA Senior Member txx1219 intends to improve the camera quality of the OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5.
Features of OnePlus Camera M for OnePlus 5T/5
Below are the features of the mod:
- JPEG Quality is set to 100 by default.
- Adapts sharpness before the picture is processed.
- Provides a setting to choose front camera sharpness.
- Denoises the picture to reduce the watercolor effect in photos.
And the results of the OnePlus Camera M Mod for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T are visibly evident:
Screenshot Credits: XDA/txx1219
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding.
- Your OnePlus 5/5T must have an unlocked bootloader and must be rooted with Magisk. Need to unlock bootloader and install magisk? Below guides should come in handy:
⇒ Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5T on Android Oreo
⇒ Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5 on Android Oreo
⇒ How to Root OnePlus 5T and Install TWRP Recovery
- You need to restore the OnePlus Camera app to factory version for the OnePlus Camera M mod to work. To do this, you need to uninstall any updates. Go to Settings > Apps > OnePlus Camera and disable the app. This will restore the OnePlus Camera app to factory version. After this, again re-enable app.
- Make sure you have the latest Magisk installed on your device:
⇒ How to Root Android Using Magisk 15.2 Beta Update
Download OnePlus Camera M for OnePlus 5T/5
How to Install OnePlus Camera M Mod on OnePlus 5T/5
- Copy the downloaded file to your device.
- Make sure you have latest Magisk installed on your device.
- Open Magisk Manager App.
- Tap on the Menu icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on ‘Modules‘.
- Tap on the Big Yellow Plus ‘+‘ button at the bottom.
- You will be asked to select the Magisk Module zip file. Browse and select the same.
- After you select the zip file, press ‘Install’ if you are asked, to flash OnePlus Camera M Magisk Module via Magisk Manager App.
- The above step will flash the Magisk module. Once the flashing process completes, tap on ‘REBOOT‘ at the bottom of the screen for the changes to take effect.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed OnePlus Camera M Mod for OnePlus 5/5T. Enjoy the improved camera quality on your OnePlus 5/5T!
Need help? Drop a comment below!