Who doesn’t love great audio experience on their device? Get the Dolby Atmos for OnePlus 5 right now! Dolby Atmos Audio Mod is one of the famous audio mods available for Android. In this guide, we will tell you how to download and install Dolby Atmos on OnePlus 5 running Android Oreo.
OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T are the last year’s addition to OnePlus flagship lineup. OnePlus 5 is an absolute beast, both in terms of hardware and software. My almost-two-year-old OnePlus 3 still runs like a dream without any hiccups! If we have to pick one thing that OnePlus absolutely nailed, it has got to be the OxygenOS. It may not be as customizable as the likes of MIUI or as raw as the stock Android but boy is it smooth! In my opinion, OxygenOS kind-of tries to find the balance between both extremes. The audio quality on OnePlus 5 is by no means bad, let me get that out of the way. But, if you are looking to further improve the already great audio experience, you can download Dolby Atmos for OnePlus 5 and install it.
Dolby Atmos for OnePlus 5
There are many audio mods available for Android such as ViPER4Android and ARISE Sound Mod but Dolby Atmos Audio Mod has also gained quite a bit of fan following over the recent years. Maybe, it has got something to do with the name? I don’t know. But, according to the users, the audio experience does improve after installing the mod.
Thanks to the XDA Recognized Contributor guitardedhero, we can now enjoy the Dolby Atmos Audio Mod on OnePlus 5. He has managed to port the Dolby Atmos Digital Signal Processor and GUI from the latest ZTE™ Axon 7 Android Oreo firmware to the OnePlus 5. Below are a few screenshots of the Dolby Atmos on OnePlus 5:
Image Credits: XDA/guitardedhero
Download Dolby Atmos for OnePlus 5
You can download Dolby Atmos for OnePlus 5 by clicking below:
- Has been tested only on OnePlus 5. Not for other devices.
- You OnePlus 5 must be running Android Oreo.
- You OnePlus 5 running Android Oreo must be rooted: Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5 on Android Oreo
- You must have a custom recovery (TWRP Recommended) installed.
- Make a complete nandroid backup of your device before proceeding.
Steps to Install Dolby Atmos on OnePlus 5
- Make sure you have read the prerequisites section above and met all the conditions.
- Copy the downloaded Dolby Atmos Zip file to your OnePlus 5.
- Reboot your device into TWRP and make a full Nandroid Backup:⇒ Tap on ‘Backup’ > Select the necessary partitions > create backup.
- Next, go back to the TWRP homescreen and select ‘Install’. Then, select the downloaded file and flash the same.
- Reboot your device.
Congratulations, you now have Dolby Atmos on your OnePlus 5. Be sure you head to the XDA Forum Thread, in case you need further assistance or to interact with the developer directly. In case if you run into any trouble, there are some neat escape routes mentioned there – do check out!
This is the easiest way to install Dolby Atmos on OnePlus 5 running Android Oreo.
Need help? Drop a comment below!