Good news for the owners of Galaxy S8 and S8+, Official Android Oreo Firmware is now available for download. In this guide, you will learn how to sideload or install Galaxy S8 Android Oreo Firmware Update. Read ahead to download Galaxy S8 and S8+ Official Android Oreo Firmware and install it manually.
We all know that some of the lucky users have been enjoying Android 8.0 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus via the Samsung Android Oreo Beta Program. After a series of Beta updates for the devices seems like the final release of Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus is imminent.
Thanks to a leak, we now have the official Android Oreo CRA1 Build for Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. Read ahead to know how to download and install Android Oreo CRA1 Build for Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
Leaked Android Oreo CRA1 Build for Galaxy S8
Thanks to the redditor who goes by the name Child_Kicker_16 for providing the download links for the official Android Oreo CRA1 Build Firmware. Reddit has been a solid source for leaked Samsung Android Oreo Beta Builds.
- DOLBY Atmos Audio
- January 2018 Security Patches
- Brand new boot animation
Users who have already installed the update have been reporting improvements in DEX, Picture-in-picture mode, and a few other improvements. If the reports are to be believed, this build is also a lot smoother than the previous one. Below are a few screenshots of the update:
Read ahead to know how to sideload and install the leaked Android Oreo CRA1 build on Galaxy S8 Snapdragon via stock recovery.
- It is always recommended to make a complete backup of your device. Guide: How to Backup Android Device Without Root.
- This guide is only for US Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus .
- To sideload the OTA, you must be on the BQL1 firmware currently. If not, flash the firmware on your device before proceeding. Get the firmware here: Galaxy S8 | Galaxy S8+.
Download Android Oreo CRA1 OTA Update Package
How to Install Leaked Android Oreo CRA1 Build on Galaxy S8 Snapdragon
- Copy the ‘update.zip’ file which you have downloaded from the above link to your device. Make sure to keep the file on the root of the internal storage .
- Boot your device into Stock Recovery:
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Bixby + Power button simultaneously.
- When you see a warning message on your screen, tap the Volume Up key once.
- Once you are in stock recovery, use the Volume Key to navigate the menu and select the ‘Apply update from ADB’ option using the Power button. .
- You will be asked to select the update file. Select the ‘update.zip’ file which you have downloaded.
- Next, select ‘Yes’ to install Leaked Official Android Oreo CRA1 build on Galaxy S8 Snapdragon Variant.
- Once the flashing process completes, reboot your device.
This is the easiest way to install leaked Android Oreo CRA1 build on Galaxy S8 Snapdragon Variant.
Need help? Drop a comment below!