Android 8.0 Oreo for Moto X4 is rolling out at the moment. The Moto X4 Oreo OTA is rolling out in a gradual manner. In this article, you can download Moto X4 Oreo Update and we have a detailed guide to install Android Oreo on Moto X4.
Moto X4 is the latest addition to Google’s Android One program in the US. In the rest of the world, it is sold as a regular Motorola device. A few days ago, there have been multiple reports about Android Oreo Update being rolled out to the Moto X4 users in the United States. Following that, now the Moto X4 Android Oreo Update is rolling out to several users in India. The Android Oreo OTA for Moto X4 is being made available in a gradual manner, meaning, not all the countries will get the update at the same time. But, if you cannot wait to try out Android Oreo on Moto X4, we have got just the guide for you. You can download Moto X4 Oreo Update from this article and we have a guide to install Android Oreo on Moto X4.
Table of Contents
Guide to Install Moto X4 Android Oreo Update
The Android Oreo Update for Moto X4 is rolling out in the form of OTA to many users in India. XDA Senior Member lohanbarth has managed to capture the OTA and share it with all of us, all thanks to him!
The Moto X4 Android Oreo Firmware comes with a build number OPW27.57-40 and it is meant for the international version of the device [PAYTON]. However, several users from other countries [Model numbers: XT 1900-1, XT 1900-2, XT 1900-4, XT 1900-7] have also installed the update and have reported that this works fine.
The Moto X4 Oreo OTA brings all the goodness of the Android Oreo to the device. AutoFill API, Notification dots, Picture-in-picture mode are some of the notable features. Below are a few screenshots of the Moto X4 Android Oreo Update:
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC: Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure your device has at least 60% of charge.
Download Moto X4 Android Oreo Firmware
Steps to Install Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware on Moto X4
- Copy the downloaded zip file to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed on your PC.
- Extract the firmware zip file inside the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device: How to Enable USB Debugging.
- Boot your Moto X4 into bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume down + Power keys at the same time.
- Now connect your Moto X4 to your PC via compatible USB cable.
- Go to the folder ADB and Fastboot folder. Open a command prompt window from inside the folder: Hold down Shift Key + Right click on the empty space on the folder > Select ‘Open command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell Window here’.
- Now, execute the below command in the command prompt to install Android Oreo Update on Moto X4.
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin mfastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img mfastboot reboot-bootloader mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn mfastboot erase modemst1 mfastboot erase modemst2 mfastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin mfastboot flash dsp dspso.bin mfastboot flash logo logo.bin mfastboot flash boot boot.img mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7 mfastboot flash system_b system_other.img mfastboot flash oem oem.img mfastboot erase carrier mfastboot erase userdata mfastboot erase ddr
Please note that the first boot after the update may take longer than usual; this is expected, do not panic!
This is the easiest way to install Moto X4 Android Oreo Update.
Need help? Drop a comment below!