Xposed Framework, the most powerful customization tool Android has ever seen has been updated to support Android Oreo. Xposed for Oreo is now available for download. Xposed v90 Beta is the latest version. In this guide, we will tell you how to install Xposed Framework on Android 8.0 and 8.1 Oreo via Magisk!
We have already seen how to install Xposed Framework on Oreo via TWRP, yesterday. Today, we shall see how to install Xposed on Oreo without TWRP. Any Android Power user who is worth his salt would know about Xposed Framework. Back in the days, the only way to get cool new features or to modify/customize the device is by installing a custom ROM. Then came Xposed Framework. Xposed Framework took the customization of Android devices to a whole new level. It is probably the most powerful tool available for Android right now if you are looking to leverage the usability of your device. In this guide, we will guide you on how to install Xposed Framework on Android Oreo via Magisk.
Table of Contents
Xposed Framework for Android Oreo 8.0 and 8.1
It has been quite a while since Android Oreo has made its debut. The adaption rate for the Android Oreo has been bad. Even though the people with Android Oreo on their device is very less, that does not mean that people were not expecting Xposed for Oreo. Xposed Framework, being the People’s favorite it is, has been expected to support Oreo for a long time now.
The happy part about all this is that we get Xposed Framework for Oreo in just more than a couple of months since the official release of Android Oreo. But for Android Nougat, it was a totally different story. Google changed way too many things, especially the Android Run Time, which made things too complicated for the developer rovo89. But this time around, the changes are minimal (still, not so easy, like the good old days!) and hence we get to see the Xposed For Android Oreo sooner than the last time.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root.
- Make sure you have Magisk installed on your device: How to install Magisk 15.2.
Steps to Install Xposed Framework on Android Oreo via Magisk
Thanks to the developer topjohnwu who has made this Xposed for Oreo magisk module. With this Xposed Oreo Magisk Module, you would be able to install Xposed on Oreo without TWRP by just using the Magisk Manager app!
Follow the below instructions carefully:
- Open the ‘Magisk Manager’ app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu (the three flat lines) at the top left corner and select ‘Downloads’.
- Tap on the search icon and type in ‘Xposed’. You will get a number of results.
- Out of these results, we are looking for Xposed Android Oreo Magisk Module. You can identify them as below:
- Android 8.0 Oreo > Xposed Framework (SDK 26)
- Android 8.1 Oreo > Xposed Framework (SDK 27)
- Depending on the Android version (Settings > About device) your device is running, tap on the appropriate Xposed Magisk Module. You will get a popup > Tap on ‘INSTALL’.
- Once the installation process completes, tap on ‘REBOOT’.
- Once your phone reboot, download and install the Xposed Installer v3.1.4 on your Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL: Download Xposed Installer v3.1.4.apk
- Once the above installation complete, reboot your device once again.
That would be all! This is the easiest way to install Xposed Framework on Android Oreo using Magisk!
Need help? Drop a comment below!