You can now download Pixel 2 Camera for Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus and Galaxy S7 running Exynos. Pixel 2 Google Camera has been ported to work on some Galaxy devices such as the Note 8, S8, and S7 running Exynos Chipset. Read ahead to download and install Pixel 2 Camera on Galaxy Note 8, S8+, and S7.
It is a known and proven fact that Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are the smartphones with THE best camera, at the moment. Though we have a lot of truly great camera smartphones such as the Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8, and iPhone X, nothing really comes close to Google Pixel 2’s magic. What the other manufacturers achieved with dual cameras was outdone by Google by using just a single camera sensor. How? It’s all software magic, baby! Google has used machine learning to take mobile photography to another level and the Pixel 2 photos are the evidence for that. Today, we will tell you how to install Pixel 2 Camera on Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S7!
Table of Contents
Pixel 2 Camera for Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8 and S7
Last week, we had seen several ports of the Pixel 2 Camera for other devices. Initially, there was the Pixel 2 Camera for Nexus 6P, 5X, and OG Pixel devices. Then, there was the Pixel 2 Camera for OnePlus 3T/3, Galaxy Note 8 and a few other devices. Following the same line, today, we have the Pixel 2 Camera for Galaxy S7, S8 Plus, S8 and Note 8 running Exynos Chipset!
All thanks to the XDA Senior Member miniuser123, the Pixel 2 Camera works perfectly on the Galaxy devices, portrait mode included! Although, it should be noted that the Portrait mode works only on the rear camera as of now. To get the Pixel 2 Portrait Mode on Galaxy S8, S7, and Note 8, we need to tweak a few settings. In this guide, we will explain all the steps in a detailed manner. Read ahead to know how to get Pixel 2 Camera on Galaxy S7, S8 and Note 8.
Download Pixel 2 Camera for Galaxy S7, S8, and Note 8
You can download the Pixel 2 Camera for Galaxy S7, S8 and Note 8 from below:
IMPORTANT: Follow the instructions in the next section to know how to get Portrait Mode working on Galaxy S8 Plus, S8, S7, Note 8.
How to Install Pixel 2 Camera on Galaxy S8, Note 8, and S7
- Download the Pixel 2 Camera APK from the downloads section above.
- Install it as normal APK file. Open the recently ‘Camera’ app > ‘Allow’ requested permissions.
- Tap on the top left corner of the Camera app > Tap on ‘Settings‘ and then tap on ‘B-S-G Mod Settings‘.
- Once you are in the B-S-G Mod Settings: Make sure the ‘Model’ is selected as ‘Nexus 6’ and the ‘Portrait Mode on all models’ is enabled.
- Go back again to the ‘Settings’ > Tap on ‘Developer Settings’. Inside the developer settings, make sure the following properties have the right values. Check image for reference:
- camera.faceboxes – Enabled.
- camera.af.debug.show – Disabled.
- After changing the above settings, simply close your app and open it again!
- Done. Portrait mode should work fine on your device now!
This is the easiest way to get Pixel 2 Portrait Mode on Galaxy S7, Galaxy S8, and Galaxy Note 8. Enjoy the all new Pixel 2 Camera on your device!
Need help? Drop a comment below!