OnePlus 5T is an amazing device with a lot of dev support. So it is kinda hard to not mess around with the device. If you have ended bricking your device, we have great OnePlus 5T unbrick guide for you. In this guide, you will learn how to Unbrick OnePlus 5T, fix bootloop and flash stock firmware on it via the official OnePlus 5T MSM Download Tool.
OnePlus 5T is an absolutely amazing device. The OnePlus’s build quality and software game has been on-point for a couple of years now. That combined with some top-of-the-line hardware components makes OnePlus 5T one of the great smartphones to be released in 2017. When you own a developer-friendly device like OnePlus 5T, it really is hard not to root your phone and try out all the interesting custom ROMs and MODs available for the device. And when you do that, you need to be extra careful. If you don’t, well, you might end up bricking your OnePlus 5T. In this article, we have a detailed step by step guide to unbrick OnePlus 5T and return it completely to stock.
Table of Contents
Unbrick OnePlus 5T and Return to Stock
One of the great advantages of owning a OnePlus device is the community support. Google Nexus devices are known to be very developer friendly. After that, only OnePlus devices are getting so much community love. One of the reasons for it is because OnePlus loves development for their devices. I mean, unlocking bootloader and rooting the device will not even void the warranty, for crying out loud. How many OEMs do that?!
With that said, when you are trying out of the various ROMs or Kernels or MODs for OnePlus 5T, there is a chance that you end up bricking it. Smartphones are very delicate things. One wrong move and you have a brick in your hand! If you have found yourself in one such unfortunate scenario, this guide will save you. Read ahead to know how to unbrick OnePlus 5T and flash Stock OxygenOS on it.
- Official OnePlus 5T Unbrick Tool: Download
- Latest OxygenOS for OnePlus 5T: Download
- Qualcomm Drivers: Download
- ADB and Fastboot: Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Steps to Unbrick OnePlus 5T
- Make sure you have downloaded all the things given in the downloads section above.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot Setup on your PC.
- If you are on Windows 8 or above, turn off driver signature verification on your PC: Follow this guide.
- To make sure your bricked OnePlus 5T is powered off: Press and hold the Power Button for 40 seconds to turn off your device.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to your phone. Then, while you press and hold the Volume Up button, connect the other end of the cable to your PC.
- Open Device Manager on your PC.
⇒ Method 1: Right click on My Computer > Select ‘Manage’.
⇒ Method 2: Press Windows Key + R. When the Run prompt appears: Type devmgmt.msc and press ‘OK‘.
- Make sure you have extracted the downloaded Qualcomm Drivers Zip file.
- In the Device Manager: Look for your device. It will be mentioned as ‘Unknown Device or QHUSB_BULK‘. Right click on it and select ‘Update device software‘. Then choose the driver folder manually and install the same.
- After installing the above driver, the device will be shown as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008.
- Extract the downloaded OnePlus 5T Unbrick Tool. Inside the extracted folder, you will find the MSM download tool (which is the OnePlus 5T unbrick tool). Right click on it and select ‘Run as administrator‘.
- The MSM Tool will open. If your device is properly connected, you will see the device listed as in the below picture:
- At the top left corner, you will find an option “Start“. Click it and wait till the device status turns green.
- Disconnect your phone from PC and boot it up.
This is the easiest and official method to unbrick OnePlus 5T.
Need help? Drop a comment below!