The much-awaited Xposed Oreo update is finally here. Xposed for Oreo comes in the form of a beta update which was announced today by the legendary developer rovo69. In this guide, we will tell you how to install Xposed Framework on Android Oreo. Read ahead to download Xposed Framework for Oreo 8.0 and 8.1.
Xposed is one of the best things that has ever happened to the Android modding community. There was a time when, if you were looking to get some cool features on your latest Android device, custom ROMs were the only option. You had to download and install a completely new OS on your device just to enjoy a couple of new features. That all changed with Xposed Framework. Xposed let users install the features they like on their Android devices without having to install a completely new OS. Today, the much awaited Xposed framework for Oreo was announced by the legendary developer rovo69. Read ahead to know more and download Xposed for Android Oreo.
Table of Contents
Xposed Framework for Oreo 8.0 and 8.1
It has been quite a while since Android Oreo has made its debut. The adaption rate for the Android Oreo has been bad. As of the latest report, the market share of Android Oreo is just 0.7%. Though, many Android rooting enthusiasts who have already rooted their devices have been (im)patiently waiting for the Xposed Android Oreo update.
Xposed for Android Oreo comes in the form of a beta update which was announced today by the legendary developer rovo69. The latest Xposed for Oreo adds support for both Android Oreo 8.0 and 8.1. Read ahead to know how to install Xposed on Android Oreo 8.0/8.1.
Download Xposed Framework For Android Oreo 8.0/8.1
Points to keep in mind while downloading:
- Make sure to download the right version according to your Android version.
- There will be three versions for every Android version: X86, arm, and arm64. Download the appropriate one according to your device architecture.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding: Guide to Backup Android Device.
- Your device needs to be rooted.
- You need to have TWRP installed on your device.
- Make sure you have enough battery on your device.
Steps to Install Xposed on Android Oreo 8.0/8.1
- Copy the downloaded Xposed Framework Zip file to your phone.
- Make sure your phone is not connected to your PC.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery: Tap on ‘Install’ > Select the downloaded Xposed Framework for Oreo Zip File > ‘Swipe to confirm flash’.
- The above step will install Xposed v90 for Oreo on your Android device.
- Once the above process completes, reboot your device.
- After reboot, download the latest Xposed Installer APK file and install the same. Download the file from here: Xposed Installer v3.1.4.apk
- Open the ‘Xposed Installer’ app. The status in the main screen of the app should say ‘Xposed Framework version 90 is active‘. It should look like this:
Voila! That is all. You have successfully installed Xposed Framework for Oreo on your Android device. What next?
Download Xposed Modules for Android Oreo
Now that we are done with all the hard part, here’s the fun part. You can browse through a wide collection of Xposed Modules, each offering a different functionality for your device. How to do that you ask? Here we go:
- Open the Xposed Installer app.
- Tap on the ‘Menu’ icon in the top right corner and select ‘Download’. You will be taken to the native downloads section.
- Tap on any of the modules which fit your needs and download the same.
- Once you have downloaded the module, you need to activate Xposed Modules inorder for them to work.
- To do this, tap on the ‘Menu’ icon in the top right corner and select ‘Modules’. Simply tap on the checkboxes to enable them.
Reboot your device for the changes to take effect. Every time you disable or enable a Xposed module, do reboot your device for the changes to take effect.
This is the easiest way to install Xposed Framework on Android Oreo.
Need help? Drop a comment below!