SuperSU is the preferred method to root Android devices for many users. In this article, you would be able to download latest SuperSU Zip File. We also have a detailed guide on how to install/flash SuperSU Zip via TWRP Recovery. This will help you root Android device by using SuperSu Zip file.
Android devices are and have always been pretty customizable when compared to other mobile operating systems (not that there’s much available now). Due to the open nature of the Android ecosystem, even the manufacturers customize the Android OS by adding their own skin on top, before shipping it to their customers. Android, by default, offers pretty decent customization options. Want to take it to the next level? Root your Android device!
SuperSU is one of the great things to have happened to Android, ever. SuperSU has been the go-to solution for many users for rooting their Android devices. Chainfire’s SuperSU supports a wide variety of devices and it works, every single time. There are a few other ways to root Android devices, yes. But none are as widely adopted as SuperSU. In this guide, we will tell you how to root Android device using SuperSU.
Table of Contents
Why Root Android Using SuperSU
The above heading has two questions in itself:
1. Why root Android?
2. Why root Android using SuperSU?
Rooting Android has several benefits. Here are some:
- You can customize the heck out of your device by using powerful tools like Xposed Framework.
- You can install various mods such as ViPER4Android, Dolby Atmos Sound Mod, etc.
- You can install a custom Kernel/ROM.
- Update your device to the latest Android version even after the official updates stop.
- Uninstall bloatware.
And here’s why you should prefer SuperSU to root your Android:
- Reliable: SuperSU has been on the Android scene than any other method and it is super reliable.
- Works flawlessly: Supports almost all the Apps/MODs that require root privilege.
Download Latest SuperSU Zip v2.82
You can download the latest SuperSU Flashable Zip file by clicking below:
- Download SuperSU v2.82 Flashable Zip | Stable | Download
- Download SuperSU v2.82 SR5 Flashable Zip | Beta | Download
There are two versions above; which one to download? Well, the Stable one may not have the latest features/fixes but has fewer problems. The Beta version has support for newer versions of Android (currently Android Oreo) but maybe have a few bugs (although, in our opinion, SuperSU Beta is pretty stable).
- Your device bootloader must be unlocked.
- You must have TWRP Recovery installed on your device.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root
- Make sure you have the latest ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC/Mac.
- Make sure you have installed the latest Android USB Drivers installed on your PC for your device.
How to Flash SuperSU Zip via TWRP and Root Android
- Make sure you have read the prerequisites section.
- Make sure you have setup ADB and Fastboot on your Windows or MacOS.
- SuperSU Zip File: Copy the latest SuperSU Zip file which you have downloaded above to your phone.
- USB Debugging: Enable USB Debugging on your device if it is not enabled already: How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock On Android
- Connect your phone to your PC/Mac. If you get an ‘Allow USB Debugging’ prompt on your device > Check the Always Allow box and tap OK.
- Open Terminal on Windows/MacOS/Linux:
PC: Go to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed. Right click on the empty space on the folder > Select ‘Open command window here’ or ‘Open Powershell window here’.
Mac: Open your Applications folder, then open the Utilities folder. Open the Terminal application.
Linux: May vary between different distributions. Google is your guide!
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery: The method to reboot your device into TWRP recovery may vary from device to device. But the below ADB command should get the job done on any device.
adb reboot recovery
./adb reboot recovery
- Flash SuperSU Zip in TWRP: Once you are in TWRP –
1. Tap on ‘Install’.
2. Browser and select the downloaded SuperSU Zip file.
3. ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ to root Android using SuperSU zip file.
Once the installation completes, simply reboot your device. Once you reboot your device, you will find an app named SuperSU installed on your phone. This app lets you manage the Root Permissions on your device (Granting/revoking root permission to apps). You might need to update it. If you do, simply update it via Google Play Store.
Want to make sure your device is rooted?
Download a simple app called ‘Root checker’ from Google Play store by clicking below:
Now you have the latest SuperSU on your Android. This is the easiest way to install SuperSU Zip on your Android device.
If you need further help, you can even refer to the below video tutorial:
Need help? Drop a comment below!