Rejoice, Galaxy S7 Edge owners. Now you can install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge. Thanks to Vietnamese user who accidentally got the Android Oreo OTA update on his Galaxy S7 Edge, we can now enjoy Android Oreo. Read ahead to know how to install Galaxy S7 Edge Android Oreo ROM.
Just a couple of days ago, we reported that Android Oreo Update for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ has been officially rolled out by Samsung. Now, we have a fully working Android Oreo ROM for Galaxy S7 Edge, thanks to a mess-up by Samsung. Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge an over a year old and it is good to see Samsung working very hard on delivering the latest Android Update the device. Android Oreo brings a lot of new features as well as under the hood improvements which hopefully would improve the performance of the Galaxy S7 Edge. Read ahead to know more and download Android Oreo for Galaxy S7 Edge.
Table of Contents
Galaxy S7 Edge Android Oreo based on Samsung Experience 9.0
It has been almost 6 months since Android Oreo was released and it has not even reached 1% of Android devices. While it is true that Android ecosystem is very diverse, 1% is low by any measure! Well, that how OEMs work as far as Android Updates are concerned.
According to SamMobile, some users in Vietnam started receiving Android Oreo OTA update for Galaxy S7 Edge. The Kernel and System Dump were quickly made public, which was enough for our community developers to get an Android Oreo ROM for Galaxy S7 Edge up and running. Below are a few screenshots of Galaxy S7 Edge Android Oreo.
XDA Senior Member ProtoDeVNan0 was quick to port and made a nifty custom ROM so that all the Galaxy S7 Edge users can enjoy Android Oreo.
Download Android Oreo ROM for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Your device must be rooted and have TWRP Recovery installed.
- MUST: Make a complete Nandroid Backup of your device before proceeding.
- Make sure you have at least 60% of charge on your device.
Steps to Install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge
- Switch off your device.
- Boot into TWRP:
⇒ Press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home button together until you see the Samsung logo.
⇒ You can release the power button once you see the logo.
⇒ Wait till you are into TWRP Recovery
- Make a complete backup of your device, if you have not done it already.
- Wipe your device: Go to Wipe > Format Data.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB Cable. Copy the downloaded files (Android Oreo ROM and DM-Verity file) to your phone. Tip: If your device does not show up on your PC: In TWRP, go to Mount and tap on the Enable MTP option.
- Tap on Install. Browse and select the download Android Oreo ROM zip file and flash the same.
- Once the above installation completes, flash the DM-Verity Zip file. This step is very important.
- Once the installation completes, reboot your device.
This is the easiest way to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge. Enjoy the Galaxy S7 Edge Oreo ROM until the official Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Android Oreo update kicks in. Guessing by this leak, we can safely assume that the Oreo Update for Galaxy S7 will be out in about a month.
Need help? Drop a comment below!