Honor View 10 TWRP is now available for download. This means that we can now take full control of our device by flashing custom ROMs and Mods. In this guide, we will tell you how to install TWRP Recovery on Honor V10 aka Honor View 10.
Huawei Honor View 10 is a premium mid-range offering from the Chinese manufacturer. Huawei has been aggressively pricing it’s latest phones to compete with the ever-growing list of smartphone OEMs. Huawei has really put up a lot of thought in making the Honor V1o a premium mid-range device. The phone comes with a 5.99 inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display, with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The phone runs on Android 8.0 out of the box [EMUI 8.0].
Table of Contents
Honor View 10 TWRP Recovery
In the recent times, Huawei has been really good in supporting community development. They even went ahead to host a lot of competitions for the developers. It is good to see OEMs finally embracing the development community.
Recently, we told you how to root Honor View 10 using Magisk. Today, we will guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Honor V10. The official TWRP recovery for the device is finally released. Which means that the development for the device will start in full swing. There is going to be a lot of custom ROMs, mods, and much more exciting stuff!
Reasons to Install TWRP Recovery on Honor View 10
Below are the top 3 reasons (out of many) to install TWRP Recovery on your Honor V10:
- You can install a custom ROM of your choice. For example AOSP ROMs.
- You can install MODs on your device. For example ViPER4Android.
- You can make a full backup of your device; including the apps and their data as well.
- Take a full backup of your data since the data from your device will be wiped out: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC: Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Your device must have at least 60% of charge to survive the entire process installing TWRP.
Download TWRP for Honor View 10
You can download the latest version of Honor View 10 TWRP Recovery by clicking below:
- Honor V10 TWRP | Download
Steps to Install TWRP on Honor View 10
- Copy the downloaded Honor View 10 TWRP file to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed on your PC.
- Boot your Honor View 10 into Fastboot Mode:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power button together.
- Connect your Honor V10 to your PC via USB Cable.
- Open a command window from inside the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed.
⇒ Hold down Shift + Right click > Select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell Window here’.
- To make sure your device is properly connected to your PC in Fastboot mode, execute the below command:
The above command will list your device if everything is working fine.
- Now, execute the following command on your command window:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.2.1-0-berkeley.img
- Once the above flashing process completes, reboot your device by executing the below command:
Wait for your device to boot up. It may take a little bit longer than usual, nothing to worry. Now you can download and flash any ROM or MOD your want, as per your heart’s content. You can also make full backups of your device! This is the easiest way to install TWRP on Honor View 10.
Need help? Drop a comment below!