Huawei Mate 10 TWRP is now available for download. This means that we can now take full control of our device by flashing custom ROMs, Mods and also do a whole lot of customization. In this guide, we will tell you how to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 10.
Huawei launched the Mate 10 Pro smartphone in October 2017. The phone sports a 6.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels at a PPI of 402 pixels per inch. The Huawei Mate 10 Pro is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core Huawei HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone comes with 64GB of internal storage which, unfortunately, cannot be expanded. In the camera department, the Huawei Mate 10 Pro packs a 20-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The Phone runs on EMUI 8.0 out of the box.
Table of Contents
Huawei Mate 10 Pro TWRP Recovery
In the recent times, Huawei has been really good in supporting community development. They even went ahead to host a lot of competitions for the developers. It is good to see OEMs embracing the development community, finally!
Today, we will guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 10 Pro. The official TWRP recovery for the device is finally released. Which means that the development for the device will start in full swing. There is going to be a lot of custom ROMs, mods, and much more exciting stuff!
Reasons to Install TWRP Recovery on Honor View 10
Below are the top 3 reasons (out of many) to install TWRP Recovery on your Huawei Mate 10 Pro:
- You can install a custom ROM of your choice. For example AOSP ROMs.
- You can install MODs on your device. For example ViPER4Android.
- You can make a full backup of your device; including the apps and their data as well.
- Take a full backup of your data since the data from your device will be wiped out: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC: Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Your device must have at least 60% of charge to survive the entire process installing TWRP.
Download TWRP for Huawei Mate 10 Pro
You can download the latest version of Honor View 10 TWRP Recovery by clicking below:
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro TWRP | Download
Steps to Install TWRP on Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Copy the downloaded Huawei Mate 10 Pro TWRP file to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed on your PC.
- Boot your Huawei Mate 10 Pro into Fastboot Mode:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power button together.
- Connect your Huawei Mate 10 Pro to your PC via USB Cable.
- Open a command window from inside the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed.⇒ Hold down Shift + Right click > Select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell Window here’.
- To make sure your device is properly connected to your PC in Fastboot mode, execute the below command:
The above command will list your device if everything is working fine.
- Now, execute the following command on your command window:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.2.1-0-blanc.img
- Once the above flashing process completes, reboot your device by executing the below command:
Wait for your device to boot up. It may take a little bit longer than usual, nothing to worry. Now you can download and flash any ROM or MOD your want, as per your heart’s content. You can also make full backups of your device! This is the easiest way to install TWRP on Huawei Mate 10 Pro.