If are looking for a guide to install Stock firmware on Nokia Devices, then this article is for you. In this article, we will guide you on how to flash stock firmware on Nokia Android devices using Nokia Online Service Tool. This method can be used on devices such as Nokia 8, Nokia 2, Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Nokia 6 and all Nokia Android devices.
After the heartbreaking exit from the mobile space a couple of years ago, Nokia made an impactful comeback in 2017. Nokia launched a variety of Android devices which catered to the needs of different target audiences. Unlike the last time, Nokia is now sticking to Android as far as OS for their phones is concerned. That too, stock Android!
It is pretty hard to not mess around with Android devices. And when you do, things tend to go wrong once in a while. In such times, you might need to flash stock firmware on your device. Or, you might want to install the latest update, without having to wait around for that OTA update notification to pop-up on your device. Either way, you are going to want to know how to install stock firmware on your Nokia device. In this guide, we will cover just that. We will tell you, in detail, how to install stock ROM on Nokia Android device with the help of Nokia Online Service Tool.
Flash Stock Firmware/ROM on Nokia Device
There are three main reasons to flash stock ROM or Stock Firmware on your Nokia device:
- To unbrick your device.
- To update your device software to latest version.
- To go back to stock ROM from a custom ROM.
If you want to do either of the above things, you are going to need a clear guide on how to do that. Before proceeding, be sure to take care of the below steps:
- Make a complete backup of your device. This process will completely wipe your device.
- Make sure you have at least 60% of charge left on your device.
- Make sure you have the stock firmware file available for your Nokia device.
Download Nokia Online Service Tool [OST]
Before proceeding with the steps on how to install stock firmware on Nokia Online Service Tool, you need to install a software called Nokia Online Service Tool, often referred to as Nokia OST Tool. Nokia OST Tool is the tool, which is used to flash stock firmware on Nokia Android devices.
Install Nokia Online Service Tool [OST]
- Download both the packages from the downloads section above.
- Extract both the zip files.
- Open the Nokia OST Tool Folder. You will find an executable file named ‘Launcher‘. Double click it to install the Nokia OST Tool on your Windows PC.
- The tool will be installed in the below location on your PC:
C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA\
- Open the folder named Nokia OST Tool Patch. You will find an executable file named OnlineUpdateTool.
- Go to the folder where OST Tool is installed.
- Paste the copied file into the folder. You will be asked whether to replace the existing file – replace it.
- Delete the file named ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe.config’.
Steps to Flash Stock Firmware/ROM on Nokia Device
- Go to the folder where Nokia OST Tool is installed. It should probably be installed at the below location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA\
- Double click on the file name OnlineUpdateTool.
- You will be at the welcome screen, with a warning message. Click Next.
- In the next screen, you will be asked to select the stock firmware file. Browse and select the downloaded stock firmware file.
- Boot your Nokia device into download mode.
- Connect it to your PC via USB Cable.
- Once you connect it to your PC, the Edit Phone Information button will be enabled.
- Click on that button. You will get an error message, this is expected. Do not worry. Simply press OK.
- The Next button should now be active. Click on it to flash stock firmware on your Nokia Android device.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete and reboot your device.
Once your device is rebooted successfully, you will be greeted with the regular Android setup screen. Go through the setup process and set up your device. Enjoy the freshly updated stock firmware on your Nokia device. This is the easiest way to install stock firmware on Nokia Android device.
Need help? Drop a comment below!