Substratum is the go-to theme engine for Android devices nowadays. Now, you can install Substratum on Galaxy Note 8 without root. Even though Note 8 has inbuilt theming support, Substratum themes for Note 8 look really well. Read ahead to download and install substratum for Galaxy Note 8.
Substratum Theme Engine is the most popular theming solution available for Android devices right now. Substratum initially started supporting rooted Android devices. When Google introduced Android Oreo, everything changed. Substratum started supporting Android devices that were running Android Oreo without root. And they did not stop there. Substratum soon started supporting Samsung devices as well. In this guide, we will see how to install Substratum on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 without root.
Substratum for Galaxy Note 8
The folks behind the Substratum must have realized that they should support the biggest manufacturer of Android devices. If Substratum does not support Samsung devices, then they are missing out on the biggest portion of their potential users. Given the vast diversity of Substratum themes, it really is a no-brainer for the Samsung users to choose Substratum.
While some old version of Substratum required root permission to function on Android devices, it is not the case with Substratum for Samsung. You can install Substratum Themes on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 without having to root your device. That’s right, no root required. Read ahead to know more on how to download and install Substartum on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Download Substratum for Galaxy Note 8
You need to install two apps in order to get Substratum working properly on Galaxy Note 8. They are listed below, go ahead and install them from Play Store by clicking the button below them.
- Substratum Theme Engine:
- Samsung Addon for Substratum:
Steps to Install and Setup Substratum on Galaxy Note 8
- Make sure you have installed the apps listed in the downloads section above. You are going to need both of the apps.
- Download a theme that doesn’t rely on the Android System or Theme Ready Google Apps. So, find themes like Swift Black or Swift Dark on Google Play Store.
- Once you install the theme, the Substratum app will throw a notification saying that a new theme has been installed.
- Open the theme in Substratum > click on the app [one at a time, at least for now] and click the button in the bottom right corner.
- Click Install and let it compile.
- It will ask to install an APK to your device. Install it.
- You can switch to the application which you were trying to theme and see if it is properly themed. If it is not, then manually force close the app in Settings or reboot your device and check again.
Congratulations! Now you have successfully installed Substratum on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8. This is the easiest way to install Substratum on Galaxy Note 8. Now you can install Substratum Themes for Note 8 and customize your device. It is HIGHLY recommended NOT to apply Android System and SystemUI elements as of yet UNLESS your theme supports it and shows “dangerous overlays” by default.
Need help? Drop a comment below!