Honor View 10 was launched a couple of months ago and we are now starting to see community development for the device. In this guide, we will tell you how to root Honor View 10. Honor V10 Root is achieved by using Magisk. Read ahead to know how to root Honor V10.
Huawei launched the Honor View 10 smartphone in November 2017. The phone sports a 5.99-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels at a PPI of 403 pixels per inch. The Huawei Honor View 10 is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core Huawei HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor and it has with 6GB of RAM. The phone comes with 128GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. In the camera department, the Huawei Honor View 10 packs a 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 13-megapixel front shooter for selfies. Today, we will tell you how to root Honor V10 using Magisk.
Table of Contents
Root Honor View 10 running EMUI 8 Android Oreo
The process of rooting Android usually involves unlocking bootloader, installing TWRP Recovery and then flashing SuperSU or Magisk Zip file to root the device. But this time around, the process has changed quite a bit.
topjohnwu, the legendary developer who gave us Magisk, has found a workaround to root Honor View 10 without having to install TWRP Recovery. Take a look at a screenshot posted by him on Twitter which shows a successful rooted Honor View 10.
According to the developer, the Project Treble enabled Huawei devices come with a little bit different setup than the old Huawei devices. With the new method, the Magisk patches are applied to the ramdisk rather than the boot image file which was used in the old devices. Read ahead for the detailed instructions on how to root Honor View 10.
Reasons to Root Honor View 10
Let’s have a quick look at the benefits of rooting Honor View 10.
- It gives more flexibility to customize your device the way you want it to be.
- You can install custom ROMs and make the most of your device.
- Keep your device updated with custom ROMs even after official updates stop.
- Remove unwanted Bloatware from your device.
- Install several mods such as Dolby Atmos, ViPER4Android, Magisk Mods and Xposed Modules.
Having root access will give your complete and total access to your Honor View 10. It is sort-of like an administrator account on a Windows PC so that you can customize, modify the android settings as per your wish.
- Honor V10 BKL-L09
- Honor V10 VKY-L29
- Honor V10 STF-L09
- Honor V10 BLA-L29
- Take a full backup of your data since the data from your device will be wiped out: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC: Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Your device must have at least 60% of charge to survive the entire process of rooting and installing TWRP.
Steps to Root Honor View 10 [Honor V10 Root]
- Download and Install the latest Magisk Manager: Download Latest Magisk Manager
- Download the stock ramdisk image according to your model from below:
- Copy the downloaded ramdisk.img file to your device.
- Open Magisk Manager. Go to Settings > Update Channel and choose Custom.
- Once you choose Custom, you will be prompted to enter a URL. Enter the below URL:
- Once enter the above URL and come out, you will be prompted to install latest version of the Magisk. Install it.
- Once the latest version gets installed: Tap Install > Select Install > Tap on ‘Patch Boot Image File’.
- Once you choose the above image, you will be promoted to select boot image file. Select the ramdisk file which you downloaded.
- Your ramdisk image will be patched. The patched image file can be found in the below location on your phone:
Save the above file to your PC.
- Boot your Honor View 10 into Fastboot Mode:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power button together.
- Copy the patched_boot.img file which you saved to your PC to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed.
- Open a command window from inside the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed.
⇒ Hold down Shift + Right click > Select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell Window here’.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB Cable.
- Flash the patched_boot.img to your device by using the below command:
fastboot flash ramdisk patched_boot.img
- Once the flashing process completes, reboot your device by executing the below command:
Wait for your device to boot up. You now have successfully rooted your Honor View 10 using Magisk. Your device should even pass safety net without any issues! This is the easiest way to root Honor View 10.
Need help? Drop a comment below!
Cover Image Credits: AndroidPIT