Several users around the globe have been complaining about the Pixel 2 Speaker distortion issues. These Speaker issues on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are randomly occurring and today, we are bringing you a few tips to fix Pixel 2 Speaker issues!
The Pixel lineup of phones have been Google’s flagship devices for the last 2 and half years. Six months ago, Google launched their 2nd generation of Pixel phones with the tagline asking users to ask more from their phone. Contrary to its tagline, the Pixel phones remain surrounded by a fair share of issues ranging from screen burn in to slowing down of fingerprints scanners. But Google was quick to provide solutions to most of the problems via Over-The-Air updates. Some owners, back imid-December, reported an issue on several forums claiming that there is some kind of distortions in the audio output from the front firing speakers.
Google is yet to respond to this issue and provide solutions to this issue but if you are one of those owners who is facing the same issue, we, here at Themefoxx, have some solutions.
Fix Pixel 2 Speaker Issue
We have two methods to solve this issue. The first one is consists of very unexciting steps but those were cable to solve the issue for most of the users. But if your device still has the distorted audio output, follow the method 2.
Fix 1: Toggle Bluetooth
- Power your device off.
- Try to clean the dirt and debris from the vents of the speakers by blowing compressed air. Do remember not to blow air at a greater speed as it may damage the internals of your phone.
- Power on your device.
- Switch off your Bluetooth connectivity. It is observed in many cases that Bluetooth can interfere in the audio output.
These steps should be solving your issue to a much greater extent. If the issue still persists, continue reading for the next method.
Fix 2: Disable MusicFX
- Open “Settings” app from your app drawer.
- Go to “Storage” and Click on “Cached data”
- A pop up window should be appearing on your device with a message asking permission to clear the cached data. Grant permission by clicking on ‘ok‘.
- Go back to the Settings homescreen.
- Go to “Apps“
- Click the 3 dots on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Show System Apps“
- Search for “com.android.musicfx” in the app list and click on it.
- Click on “Disable“
- Open Google Play Store and search for a third party equalizer app. We recommend you to use “Equalizer FX” by ‘devdnua.’ To download “Equalizer FX” follow the links given below:
- Open the app and reduce the frequency of your audio output.
This is the way to fix Google Pixel 2 and 2 XL’s audio distortion issue. If your problem still persists, wait for the OTA update by Google with fixes for this issue. If you have any queries, leave them down in the comments section. Do let us know how is audio experience in your Pixel phone after following the methods in this guide.
Need help? Drop a comment below!