Galaxy S9 is the latest kid on the block. Samsung introduced the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus a couple of weeks ago. Now we have the Galaxy S9 ROM ported to work on Galaxy S8. Read ahead to know how to install Galaxy S9 ROM on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
Samsung launched Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ couple of weeks back at MWC 2018 in Barcelona. Both of these devices feature the latest and greatest from Qualcomm with other exciting hardware features like the variable aperture camera. But changes are not limited to just the hardware front, Samsung has made a couple of tweaks to its Samsung Experience UI.
Though the improvements in the UI is not groundbreaking, it includes some handy features. The Samsung Experience 9.0 is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and has support for Project Treble and AR Core. The new UI features an improved keyboard over the last iteration, smart search for better and more relevant search results, Bixby Briefing, Colour Lens, Samsung Connect, improved video player, new options for the Always On Display and couple of internal changes to make the user experience better.
If you are a Galaxy S8 user and is looking for a guide to enjoy all the new software tweaks of Galaxy S9, continue reading as in this guide, we will help you install Galaxy S9 ROM in your Galaxy S8.
Thanks to XDA developer Alexis who developed the Galaxy S9 ROM port for S8. This S9 ROM includes all the software tweaks of the S9 and the S9+. It features the latest G965FXXU1ARB3 build number with January 2018 security patch. The ROM is pre-rooted using Magisk 16 and comes with AROMA installer. This means that you will have the authority to decide whether to install any app in the package or not.
Table of Contents
Galaxy S9 ROM for Galaxy S8
Below are some of the features of the Galaxy S9 ROM for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Features a smooth, responsive and battery friendly interface
- Magisk and NOX preinstalled.
- Support for App Lock and Air Message.
- Has new 1000+ fonts.
- Features emoji from Samsung, iOS, and Android Oreo.
- Feature Screen Recorder in the quick settings menu.
- Supports Dual Stereo Speakers.
- Features Ultra Data Saving Mode.
Install Galaxy S9 ROM On Galaxy S8:
- The S8 or S8+ device must be rooted with the latest TWRP Recovery installed.
- A full nandroid backup of the device is recommended.
Steps to Install Galaxy S9 ROM on Galaxy S8
- Download S9 ROM Port, S9 ROM fix and AOD Brightness Fix from the links mentioned below.
- Reboot your S8 or S8+ into TWRP recovery mode.
- Go to the wipe option and select factory reset but remember not to wipe the internal storage.
- Once the reset is done, from the main menu of recovery mode, select install and flash the S9 ROM.
- Choose the apps and packages which you require to be installed on your device.
- When the installation process is over, reboot your device normally.
- Again reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode.
- Now, flash S9 ROM Fix and AOD Brightness Fix.
- Once the process is over, reboot normally.
This is the way by which you can enjoy Samsung Galaxy S9’s interface on your S8 or S8+. If you have any queries, leave them down in the comments section. Do let us know how you like Samsung Experience 9.0 on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+!
Need help? Drop a comment below!