Galaxy S9 Apps are now available for download! It has just been a couple of days since the Galaxy S9 made its debut and we already have the Galaxy S9 Stock Apps ported to other devices! In this guide, we will tell you how you can get Galaxy S9 Stock Apps on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus!
Samsung took the wraps off the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus a couple of days ago. Whenever a new Galaxy S lineup is released, we can expect some UI changes to the Samsung Experience (formerly TouchWiz), Samsung’s proprietary OEM Skin. This time, Samsung did not make any groundbreaking changes to the UI. Rather, we have some new features such as AR Emoji being added to Samsung Experience.
Galaxy S9 and S9+ ship with Samsung Experience 9.0 which runs on top of Android Oreo. Samsung has updated almost of all the Stock Apps that come preinstalled with the devices. Apps such as Messages, Dialer, In Call UI, Browser, Gallery, Calculator, etc, are updated with new features and slight UI Changes. If you have been looking to get the Galaxy S9 Stock Apps on your Galaxy S8 or S8+, we have got you covered.
Table of Contents
Galaxy S9 Stock Apps
Whenever a new Galaxy device is released, the stock apps from the device will be ported to the older Galaxy devices. It has now sort-of become a tradition. Now, XDA Senior Member AlexisXDA has ported the Galaxy S9 Stock Apps to the Galaxy S8 and S8+.
Below is the complete list of ported Galaxy S9 Apps:
Recommended | Download Galaxy S9 Wallpapers
Download Galaxy S9 Stock Apps
You can always get the latest version of all Galaxy S9 Stock apps in a zip file format by visiting the below link:
When you visit the above link, be sure to download the latest version from the list of available zip files.
How to Install Galaxy S9 Stock Apps
Please note that you are going to need root and custom recovery in order to get the Galaxy S9 Stock Apps on your device. Follow the below instructions carefully:
- Copy the downloaded Galaxy S9 Stock Apps Zip file to your device.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding.
- Boot your Galaxy S8/S8+ into Recovery Mode:
- Switch off your device. Wait for a few seconds to make sure the device is completely turned off.
- Press and hold Bixby Button + Volume Up Button and then press the Power Button.
- Let go of only the Power Button once the phone turns on while you are still holding down the Bixby and Volume Up Button.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device.
- Then, tap on Install and select the downloaded Galaxy S9 Stock Apps Zip file and Flash the same.
- Reboot your device.
Once your device gets rebooted, you can start using the Galaxy S9 Stock apps on your device. Not extra configurations needed! You may visit the XDA Forum Thread, if you have any specific requests or if you need any support from the developer. This is the easiest way to get Galaxy S9 Stock Apps on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+!