Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ came with an interesting feature, AR Emoji. AR Emojis are customized life like Emoji that are more personalized to look like you. In this guide, we will tell you how to create AR Emoji and how to use AR Emoji on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+.
If you are looking for a new flagship phone, the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ must be on your wishlist. They are not only beautiful to look at but also bring some exciting software and hardware tweaks that make them one of the best phones on the market.
For a quick roundup, the S9 and the S9+ feature 5.8 inch and 6.3-inch QHD+ displays respectively. Both come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 or Exynos 9810 SoC board with the Adreno 630 or Mali G72 GPU to handle the graphics duties. The smaller one has 4 GB of RAM whereas the larger has 6 GB of RAM. Both support fast wireless charging and are IP68 certified.
One of the most highlighted features which Samsung spoke about a lot is the cameras on both the devices. On the front, both pack in f/1.7, 8 MP shooters. On the back, S9 and s9+ have a 12 MP and 12+12 MP shooters respectively with variable apertures which is the latest innovation in smartphone camera department. In the camera department, we see new features such as 720p/960 fps super slow motion video and AR Emojis.
What is AR Emoji?
Samsung’s AR Emoji is inspired by Apple’s Animoji which lets the user create 3D emojis using the camera of the phone. The sum and substance of this feature is to create a custom cartoon figure of your face. Samsung says AR or Argumented Reality is the technology used to develop this feature.
Steps to Create AR Emoji
- Open the camera app.
- Navigate to the “AR Emoji” mode using the slider present a the top of the display.
- Grant permission to make AR emoji.
- Place your face in the cut-out section which is being displayed on your screen and click the shutter button. Note that you are not smiling or opening your lips during this process.
- Once you are done with clicking the pic, select your gender and tap “Next.”
- Once you tap “Next,” your S9 will begin generating your AR Emoji. After your emoji is generated, you can customize it according to your preferences.
- When you are finished with customizing your emoji, tap on “OK”, which is located at the top right corner of your screen, to save your work.
How to use AR Emoji
- Once your Emoji is created, the phone will again launch the Camera App.
- But this time, instead of you, you will see your AR Emoji in the camera viewfinder. Whatever you do in front of the front-facing camera will be imitated by the AR Emoji on the phone.
- If you like to go back to the original settings of your camera, simply select any different setting from the list of options at the top of your phone display.
Now, you can use these emojis in your chats in third-party apps like Messenger and WhatsApp.
This is the way by which you can enjoy the AR Emoji feature on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+. If you have any queries, leave them down in the comments section. Do let us know how you like AR Emoji!
Need help? Drop a comment below!