Official Android Oreo update for OnePlus 5 is here in the form of Oxygen OS Open Beta 6. The update brings Android 8.1 Oreo goodness to the device. There are a host of new options and subtle UI changes across the UI. Read ahead to know how to Install Oneplus 5 Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 Update.
OnePlus is the most successful brand in India and one of the top-selling smartphone in the world. Oneplus holds 62.2 percent market share of the premium online smartphone market. The success mantra that takes OnePlus to the new heights is their interaction with the customers and the respect they give for the customers’ feedback. The feedback from the customers are valued and OnePlus manages to make the changes to the upcoming devices with respect to the feedback.
While the manufacturers are converging into Android Oreo for the release of their upcoming smartphones, Google announced Android P for its early developer preview. OnePlus plans to stay ahead by its release of an open beta build based on Android Oreo. The OnePlus forum was quite silent for some time and this release explains the silence. Users with stable Oxygen OS will not get the update as OTA instead you will have to download it yourself.
Table of Contents
OnePlus Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 Update
The update is in a beta stage. They plan to conduct the beta testing for a while before making it avail for the general public. The update is meant to fix major bugs and there are certain additions to the features compared to its predecessor software update.
The additions and changes included in the package are :
- System updated to Android Oreo 8.1
- Advanced security patch (February 2018).
- Modified call-attending function. Option to attend the call by raising the phone.
- Gaming optimizations. Adaptive brightness pause feature and power saving while gaming is introduced.
- OnePlus switch for supporting migrating application data.
- You should back up all the data. Because the process is going to wipe all the data that is saved on the device. Here’s how you can backup your device.
- The device should be charged enough before proceeding the updates. If the phone gets shut down between the process then that will lead to faulty conditions.
- Make sure you have the latest OnePlus USB Drivers.
Download Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 for OnePlus 5
Download the update file from any one of the links below:
- MEGA Mirror Link
- AndroidFileHost Mirror Link
Steps To Install Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 update on OnePlus 5
In this post, we give you two methods by which you can install the Oxygen OS Beta 6 update. Using the method you can flash the beta build using the upgrade options that you can find in the settings. The second method is by which you can update using TWRP recovery. This option is useful if you already using rooted Oxygen OS or custom ROM.
- Download the ROM ZIP file from the above link.
- Connect your OnePlus device to the PC via USB cable.
- Click on the notification arrived on the notification bar and enable ‘file transfer‘ option.
- Copy the OTA package to the internal storage root and disconnect the phone from the PC.
- Go to settings > system updates>local upgrade.
- The system automatically fetch and extract the zip
- Click on file name and upgrade now option.
- Now boot to stock recovery and clear the cache.
- To to this switch off your device and hold down the power button and volume down button simultaneously.
- Click on ‘wipe data and clear cache‘ option
- Tap ‘ok’ and clear cache.
- Reboot the device.
For those who use the custom ROM or Rooted Oxygen OS, you can follow the method 2 for installing Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 update. This is by TWRP recovery.
- Download the Open Beta 6 ROM file ZIP.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Enable the transfer file option from the notification bar.
- Copy the downloaded zip to a root in the internal storage.
- Boot OnePlus 5 TWRP recovery mode by holding down the power button and volume down button simultaneously.
- [ Note: if you are using custom ROM other than Oxygen OS then you should go to ‘Wipe > Advanced Wipe’. Select the following partitions and swipe:
> Dalvik/ART Cache
- Go to install and select the ROM file in the internal storage.
- Then swipe on the icon below the screen.
- When the flashing operation is completed then reboot the device.
These are the two methods by which you can update to OnePlus Oxygen OS Open Beta 6. According to the user reports, this beta build is pretty stable and can be used as a daily driver. So, you can rest assured that there won’t be any big issues by installing this issue. Do let us know how you like the latest Official Android Oreo Update for OnePlus 5.
Need help? Drop a comment below!