Xiaomi Mi A1 was recently updated to Android Oreo. With that, we need a new way to root Xiaomi Mi A1 on Android Oreo. If you are using Xiaomi Mi A1 and you have already updated to Android Oreo then you can simply follow the below steps to root your Mi A1 on Android Oreo.
Xiaomi is one of the top players in the smartphone market. They anticipate the needs of their customers and build the features into their devices with respect to the feedback they get from the customer for the previous products. By this, they are able to deliver products that the market demands and this lead to Xiaomi’s success over the global market.
By the end of 2017, Xiaomi announced their major decision of releasing Android One powered smartphone. The guaranteed software updates are one of the specialties of Android One. As a matter of fact, Xiaomi Mi A1 has already received its update in Android Oreo. Oreo is packed with features that the users always wanted. But if you think you need more features in your Android Oreo powered Xiaomi Mi A1 then you can root your device.
Root Xiaomi Mi A1[Android Oreo]
Xiaomi announced their first stable update if Android Oreo by the end of December and this was called off midway due to some issues. But they were not very late to announce a proper stable update and this was in January as OTA. The new update not only had bug fixes but also the new security patches.
Android Oreo provides amazing features like picture in picture mode, instant Apps, notification categories and more in their update. Even though most of them find it satisfying some don’t. If you are one among them who not really satisfied with the Android Oreo and wish for tweaks such as ViPER4Android, Xposed Framework then we got you covered in this post.
The regular rooting process included flashing the Magisk Zip, but here we are using Magisk manager app to patch stock boot image. The steps listed in this post are optimized so that you can follow them easily. You can get further OTA updates easily in the future.
- Back up all the data on your device before doing the root. Because this procedure will wipe all the data you have saved on your device.
- Download and install Xiaomi USB drivers.
- Install ADB / Fastboot tools.
Steps To Root Mi A1
- Download the corresponding stock boot image for the firmware:
> OPR1.170623.026.7.12.29: Download
> OPR1.170623.026.8.1.10: Download
- Paste the downloaded file to phone’s internal storage or SD card.
- Download the Magisk manager App and install on your Android device.
- Open Magisk manager.
- Click on Install button on the main screen.
- Select install icon again and click on patch boot image file.
- Select the stock boot image you have stored already in the SD card or Internal storage.
- Go to SD card > Magisk manager > copy the “patched_boot.img” to C:\adb.
- Hold the SHIFT key and right click on the same folder and on the resulting window click on “power shell window here”
- Boot your Mi A1 in fastboot mode. To do this: Switch off your device > Press and hold the Power button and Volume down button together.
- Connect your phone to the PC.
- Unlock the bootloader by executing the below command in command prompt:
fastboot oem unlock
- Flash the patched boot image to your Xiaomi Mi A1 by using the below command:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- Finally, reboot your device using the below command:
This is the easiest way to root Mi A1 on Android Oreo. Now you can install any Mods or root apps which you love. If you face any difficulties in any of the above steps, please do drop a comment below!