Looking for a way to install Snapchat on PC/computer? We have a perfect guide for you. Read ahead to know how you can download Snapchat for PC and install and use it right from your computer.
For those who had been living in the North Sentinel Islands and are not aware of Snapchat, here is a brief intro. Snapchat is a popular multimedia messaging app developed by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy and Robert Brown and it has over 170 million users from all around the globe with over 200 million pictures shared using it daily. It allows users to send pictures and videos to their known ones. One of the main reasons behind Snapchat’s massive growth lies in its principal concept that the sent multimedia messages become inaccessible after a time limit. Snapchat is extremely popular on Android and iOS but still, now, there is no official announcement regarding the release of Snapchat on Windows and Mac Operating Systems. In this guide, we will help you regarding the procedure by which you can use Snapchat from your PCs running Android or MacOS using Android Emulator.
Table of Contents
What is Android Emulator?
Android emulator is a program that basically imitates the Android Operating System on other platforms like Windows and Mac. The software simply converts the Android System Files into a format which is recognizable by the other operating systems. This tool will help you experience the Android environment on any other platform.
There are many Android Emulators available in the market like Andy, KO Player, BlueStack, Droid4x, Windroy, NOX etc.
Steps to Use Snapchat on PC using BlueStacks:
- Download BlueStacks.
- Go through the setup process and sync the BlueStacks application to your Google Account.
- Download Snapchat APK from BlueStack Play Store.
- Open “My Apps” tab on BlueStack and click on “Install APK.”
- Search for Snapchat APK and click on it.
- Once the installation is finished, you will be able to find “Snapchat” in “My Apps” tab.
- Click on Snapchat and you are ready to use it.
Steps to Use Snapchat on PC using NOX App Player:
- Download NOX for your respective operating system by following the link given below:
- Sync your Google account with NOX.
- Download Snapchat from NOX Play Store.
- Once it is downloaded and installed, you will be able to find it on the NOX Home Screen.
- Click on Snapchat to use it.
Troubleshoot Snapchat Error on PC
One of the most common problem that most of the Snapchat users on Windows encountered while using Snapchat via NOX App Player is that of the Snapchat does not function. If you are one among them, do not worry because here is the solution-
- Exit Snapchat application.
- Click on the “Camera” app from the NOX Homescreen. A message to start “YouCam” may appear on your screen.
- Search for “YouCam” and open the application.
- Without closing it, open NOX once again.
- Go to “Settings”, click on “Apps” and then select “Snapchat.”
- In the Snapchat section, click on clear data and cache. Now uninstall the app.
- Install it once again and log in. Now, the camera on Snapchat should be working without any troubles.
This is one of the easiest ways to install Snapchat on any PC running Android or Mac. If you have any queries, leave them down in the comments section. If you need any help regarding this topic, please feel free to use the comments section.
Need help? Drop a comment below!