Xiaomi Mi 6 Android Oreo Update comes in the form of MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable update. The Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 9 update brings all the Android Oreo goodness to the device. Plus there are several new features baked into the MIUI interface all along. Read ahead to know how to Install MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6.
Mi 6, the flagship Xiaomi, comes packed with premium features. Powering the phone is the Snapdragon 835 with 6 GB of RAM. The Adreno 540 GPU handles the graphics. Xiaomi did well to refine the series design and even added splash resistance. The dual 12MP camera with a telephoto lens is Xiaomi’s take on what seems to be the latest fad in phones. While the phone initially ran on MIUI 8.2, users can now install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Table of Contents
MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6
MIUI 220.127.116.11 brings in all the regular Android Oreo features like Picture-in-Picture mode, Autofill Framework, Instant Apps, notification categories, Image Search, Smart Assistant, Smart App Launcher, and Performance Enhancements. Follow the instructions to install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 18.104.22.168 global stable ROM. But before that here comes the changelog.
- A bug which granted various apps to access the authority to change Wi-Fi connection status without the user’s permission is fixed.
- A bug which led to the crashing of WhatsApp in split screen mode is fixed.
- A bug which created trouble while searching for contacts is fixed.
- A bug which changed the sent and received time of some SMS in the messaging app is fixed.
- The issue with the icon size of some apps is fixed.
- The issue with the Weather info alignment in notification & status bar in landscape mode is fixed.
- Various bugs in the quick settings menu, notification panel, and lock screen are fixed.
- Measures were taken to prevent unintentional tapping in the dial pad.
- Animation for clearing cache is optimized.
- The layout of search results in the Contacts app is updated.
- New homepage of Mi Apps with highly enhanced visual effect.
- Minor updates to enhance the user experience and improve performance.
- Don’t try this on any other device other than Xiaomi Mi 6.
- Any mistake by you during the installation procedure may brick your device.
- We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. Proceed at your own risk.
Make sure to fulfill all the requirements before you follow the instructions to install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 22.214.171.124 global stable ROM.
- Take a complete backup of your personal data before proceeding. We suggest that you follow our guide on how to backup Android phone.
- Charge your Mi 6 to at least 50-60% battery level to avoid any interruptions during the update process.
- Download and install Xiaomi USB drivers on your PC.
Steps to Install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM
Method: Flashing Recovery ROM using Updater App
- Download the Xiaomi Mi 6 Android Oreo recovery ROM from the link mentioned here: Mi 6 Recovery ROM.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded recovery ROM ZIP file to the phone’s storage.
- Go to “Settings” -> “About phone” -> “System update”.
- The Updater app should open on the screen.
- Tap on the 3-dot menu icon.
- Select “Choose update package”.
- Navigate to the storage and select the recovery ROM ZIP file.
- Finally, tap on “Ok” to confirm and install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 188.8.131.52 global stable ROM.
- Your phone shall reboot and install the update automatically.
This is the way by which you can enjoy Android 8.0 Oreo on your Mi 6. If you have any queries, leave them down in the comments section. Do let us know how you like MIUI 184.108.40.206!
Need help? Drop a comment below!