Ever been in a situation where you have accidentally deleted the photos from your Android device and wanted to get them back? In this guide, we will tell you how you can recover deleted photos from Android. We have detailed various methods by which Android photo recovery can be done.
One of the main features that any smartphone manufacturers hype about is the Camera. No one is going to buy a smartphone that has a low-performance camera in it. All the manufacturers including Samsung and Apple are competing to make most out of the device cameras. For example, the new Pixel phones come with just one rear camera that competes with Apple iPhone X and other variants. The technology integrated into both of these cameras are different as well as high end. Pixel camera works in parallel with the Artificial Intelligence to separate out the background especially in the portrait mode in contrast to the dual-lens technology in iPhone cameras. All these struggles are because the smartphone manufacturers know the importance of pictures that the users take.
Cameras have been favorite among the mankind because pictures are considered to be moments frozen in time. Even though we cannot hold the time by the arrival of cameras it is possible to record the moments for an infinite amount of time. Realizing this fact, smartphone manufacturers have almost eliminated the need for a separate digital camera.
Not only taking the pictures but storing them is of high priority. In Pixel devices, Google offers unlimited cloud storage. And if you are not using Pixel or cloud storage services then if your photos get deleted it is hard to get it revived is a going to be a hectic task. Cloud storage is the best among all the storage techniques because all you have to do is to upload the files and remember the passwords. If you are one among the users who had lost your precious images somehow on your Android smartphone, then you are not lost. Here we discuss the easiest and methods to recover the photos you have lost on your Android smartphones.
Before trying to recover the data you should know how to store the image files secure and safe so that you won’t have to do this all over again. Things that help you to keep your images safely are
- The best option is to store the images somewhere else that has less chance to get lost. One among that is an external drive. This is the first method specified because all you need to do is only to plug and play. There is no internet or other facilities needed to recover the files.
- The second option is to backup all the data as in a cloud storage service. There are free services like Google, Dropbox and many more. You can simply log in to these services and upload the files. The uploaded data can be recovered anytime from anywhere. The only thing that you should have is an active internet connection.
- There are applications such as Telegram which offer both communication and free cloud storage services. Telegram is similar to WhatsApp but unique in its own way. The telegram can be accessed from any devices and it also offers cloud storage. You can upload the files and directly send the images to ‘Saved messages’. You can retrieve it any time and share it instantly with any friends.Recover Deleted Photos From Android Devices.
Table of Contents
Methods To Recover Deleted Photos On Android Devices
Method 1: Using PC software
You might have heard about recovery software that is available for PC which is very effective in recovering the files both on PC and your smartphone. Comparing to other methods the recovery software is so effective and it can search deep inside and recover the files that have been confirmed lost. You might be surprised at the efficiency of this PC software.
The downside is that all the best recovery software are paid ones. You will have to buy the software to use them. The best software that is available for Windows PC is EaseUs MobiSaver, Fonepaw and more. The other issue with using third-party software is that your phone should need root access enabled in it. So before enabling root access do some research on them and find whether it is acceptable for you.
- Download the software from the given link and install it. [Link: http://www.easeus.com/]
- Enable USB debugging on your Android smartphone. To do this first Go to settings and click on About phone > Build number. Click on build number for about 4 to 5 times continuously. This will enable the Developer option on your Android device and Then scroll down and find USB debugging option and enable it.
- Connect your Android device to the Windows PC via the USB cable.
- Run OpenEaseUs MobiSaver data recovery software in the PC and click on the Start button after your phone gets detected by the PC.
- Allow the permission for root access on the resulting pop-up screen.
- Now you should sit back and wait for the scanning to get completed. It will probably take about 5-6 minutes.
After the scanning gets completed, the software will show you the files that it recovered through its scanning process. You can browse through them and recover the required files. All you have to do is to select the files to be recovered and tap on recover and that’s it. You have successfully recovered the files.
Note: The software EaseUs is not a free one. You can download the trial version but it will only preview the deleted files and will not provide the option to recover them. To gain the full access, you will have to purchase the software from the official site.
Method 2: Using Android Applications
Using Android applications are the easiest methods to recover deleted pictures from your Android devices. But this is not as effective as using PC software and that is why it is listed as 2nd. This is because only a handful of them works correctly and ensure good results.
- Android applications are free but pop up ads are its downside.
- Do not need root access enabled on your smartphone.
- Easy download from Playstore.
- Easy operation.
- Pro versions of the same applications provide extra hand and capabilities in scanning the deleted images.
One of the top downloaded Android application to recover lost pictures is Diskdigger. Over 5 million users have downloaded it and most of the users review it positively.The main advantage of Diskdigger is that you can sort the recovered files with respect to its sizes. You can download the Application from the given link [ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.defianttech.diskdigger]
Steps To Recover Lost Pictures Using Diskdigger
- Download and install Diskdigger from the above link.
- Select the scan you prefer.For the deep scan, you will have to enable root access. If you prefer basic scan, you can continue without rooting your Android device.
- Now the Application will start scanning the internal storage. Wait for a few seconds and the app will recover some of the deleted photos.
- Select the photos that you need to recover and click on ‘Save this file locally’option.
- Now you have successfully recovered the lost pictures.
The rooted devices have the better chances to recover the image that is lost.
Method 3: Using Google Photos
Most of the Android phones are synced automatically with Google photos. Google offers this service for free and chances are your photos might have been synchronized with Google photos. If it is synced then you can easily recover the photos that had been deleted from your device. To check out and see the photos are saved follow the below steps.
Steps To Recover lost photos using Google Photos
- Download the Google photos application from Playstore. In most of the devices, the Google photos are pre-installed. If not download and install the application from the given link [ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photos&hl=en]
- Launch the application and check whether the photos are available. If the photos are stored then it should be available on Google photo gallery.
- Navigate through the trash tab in Google photo gallery. Then select the pictures you like to restore.
- Restore the selected files to the internal storage.
These are some of the easiest ways by which you can easily recover deleted photos from an Android device.
Need help? Drop a comment below!