Redmi Note 5 Pro is one of the best budget smartphones out there and it’s a shame that it doesn’t come with 4K Video recording option out of the box. In this article, we will tell you how you can enable 4K Video recording on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Xiaomi is back with another banger “Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro”. The leading Chinese Manufacturer who is known for his budget phones now released a stunning budgeted phone in the market called Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, with lot of features the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with Snapdragon 636 processor, two storage variants of 4/6GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, the phone runs with the 4,000mAh battery, Coming to the display, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro has a 5.99-inch screen with an FHD+ resolution of 2160×1080p at the price range of $250.
Since it is a budget phone the company decided to cut corners on the camera spec in order to make the cost achievable and this was despite the fact that the device was advertised as “India’s Camera Beast.” The camera in budget devices tends to be lacking in some features, one of which is support for 4K UHD video recording. But however, there is no need to worry Thanking the XDA Recognised Contributor Vidhanth, it is now possible to enable 4K UHD video recording on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Table of Contents
Redmi Note 5 Pro 4K Video Recording
To enable the 4K UHD video recording on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, first of all, you need a rooted Redmi Note 5 Pro and a root enabled file Explorer like MiXplorer or Solid Explorer. It turns out that the camera of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is capable of recording videos at 4K UHD, but somehow this option is being disabled by the manufacturer at the system level. But thanks to Vidhanth, now you can enable 4K UHD Video Recording on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro just by following these Easy steps which I have provided below.
How to Enable 4K UHD Video Recording on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
There are two ways with which you can enabel 4K video recording on your Redmi Note 5 Pro. First, using a root file manager and the second, using a magisk module. You can choose whichever one is easier for you.
Method 1: Using a File Manager
- Download and Install root-enabled file explorer. We recommend MiXplorer, it’free; download it from below:
Developer: Hootan ParsaMega.co.nzMail.ruYandex.ruMyDrive.chPrice: Free
- Launch MiXplorer and grant SuperSU Permissions if you are prompted to and open /system/etc/device_features/whyred.xml.
- Find the line that says “support_camera_4k_quality”.
- Change the “false” to “true”, then save the file.
- Reboot your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Method 2: Using Magisk Module
- Download the Magisk Module from here:
- Copy/transfer the module to your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Open Magisk Manager.
- Tap on the Menu and select ‘Modules‘ and tap on the ‘+’ button at the bottom.
- Once you tap on the ‘+’ button, you will be prompted to select the magisk module. Select the module you have downloaded.
- Once you select the module, it will be automatically installed. After the installation completes, tap on the Reboot button to reboot the device.
- After rebooting, go to Magisk Manager and make sure the newly installed Magisk Module is activated.
After the successful completion of either of the above methods, go check the Camera Settings and you will find the new ‘UHD 4K’ option on the camera.
Select that option to enable it and you are good to shoot 4K Videos on your Redmi Note 5 Pro now. This is the easiest way to enable 4K video recording on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Need help? Drop a comment below!