If you are looking for a Guide to Root and install TWRP on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, we have got you covered. Samsung recently rolled out the Galaxy Note 8 Android Oreo update and TWRP for Galaxy Note 8 running Android Oreo is already available. You can also root it via flashing Magisk or SuperSu.
The update took age’s to get a release to the users, but Samsung never failed to disappoint its customer for software updates.It is pleasant to hear that Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was updated to Oreo 8.0 recently and you must be so careful to do this update, because that if you have already updated your Note 8 or you are planning to update you will lose all the root access and any custom recovery if you have installed one.
For understanding the rooting, you must be aware of the fact about root access is a process of permitting users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to get control over various android Subsystem.If you once lost it you will have to repeat the whole process from scratch.
SuperSU is the app which helps you to root the phone once again, reports came that the existing SuperSU and TWRP were not working with the android oreo on note 8. But it cannot be neglected that number of users have successfully rooted the Note 8 with the help of superSU.
SuperSU is an app which acts as a security guard for smartphone helping to manage app permission and ensure apps don’t overstep their boundaries.It is a friendly security guard which walks softly and carries a big stick.With SuperSU your rooted android phone will be as secure as your unrooted android phone.
We have already explained what is rooting.Now it is better to know about TWRP custom recovery.It runs in the bootloader of the device.We knew that if a bootloader is encrypted, users can’t unlock it to the custom software of any sort.We also know that only locked or unlocked bootloader gives you access to root. TWRP replaces the stock recovery of a smartphone.With the help of custom recovery like the TWRP, you may be able to easily flash zip and image files on to the smartphones.The backup option gives the right to the customers to back up EFS, Android, and all other partitions.
You can also wipe the selective partition of the phone by using wipe option, TWRP can be used to flash a strip-like SuperSU or magick to root the phone.Magick is currently the best alternative to SuperSU, It is in fact much better than SuperSU in some aspects.To root the galaxy note 8 what one needs is to flash the root files.
There are certain things to be noted before installing it.The most important thing is that it will void the warranty and also trip the Knox counter.After rooting the phone one will trigger the dim verification.To bypass this one must factory reset your phone and that can wipe all the internal storage of your phone
NOTE: Rooting your phone may void your warranty, and there is also a chance of bricking your smartphone. So it is necessary to back up all your data And always remember that you are doing everything at your own risk.
Table of Contents
Procedure For Rooting And Installing TWRP On Galaxy Note 8 Running Android 8.0
Follow these procedures carefully for rooting and installing TWRP on your Galaxy Note 8 smartphone, The procedure is simple and all the necessary link for downloading the files are given below.
Let us have a look at the tutorial to on how to root your Android Oreo powered Note 8 now
Preparing Your Galaxy Note 8 for TWRP Recovery
It is to be noted that this guide is applicable only for the Galaxy Note 8 Exynos variants.Special attention is to be taken for charging the phone to 80% to avoid any power issues during the installation process.
Backup your contacts, call logs, SMS messages and important media content.
Enable OEM unlocking on your phone.This serves as a security precaution primarily where the default recovery and firmware is installed.In other words, a failed update is no big deal.
Also, enable USB debugging mode on your phone.
For Chinese variant of the Galaxy Note 8, it is necessary to unlock its bootloader. Unblocking bootloader allows installing custom firmware on your device.
While using Odin 3, disable Samsung Kies if you have it installed on your PC.
Use OEM data cable to connect your phone to your PC.
1. Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
2. Download and extract Odlin3.13.1 on your PC: Download link with the guide
3. Also, Download the TWRP recovery.tar file: TWRP for Galaxy Note 8
4. Download latest Magisk 16.3. zip or SuperSU.zip file.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP on Galaxy Note 8 Running Android Oreo
1. First of all, open the odin3.exe on your computer from extracted files in Odin.
2. In Odin click on the AP tab and select the recovery.tar file downloaded from the above-given link
3. Go to the options tab and make sure only auto reboot and F.reset time are checked and nothing else.
4. Put your Galaxy Note 8 in download mode. It is very simple that is first of all turn it off. Now press and hold Volume Down+ Bixby+ Power Button for a while.As soon as the phone turns on with a warning simply press the Volume Up key to enter download mode.
5. Connect your phone to your PC ( make sure that your device is in download mode).
6. Look at the ID: COM section on Odin.Odin will recognize the phone and turn the ID: COM box blue. Also on the lower left side, there is added messages in the logs box.Use Odin carefully every time because it can break your device.
7. In order to flash the recovery press the “Start” button in Odin.So that it will begin flashing the recovery on your phone.
8. Disconnect your Galaxy note 8 from the pc as soon as the recovery flashing end.
9. Long press the Volume Down + Bixby+Power Key again, As soon as the screen becomes black switch the key from Volume Down to Volume Up while the other two keys(Bixby and Volume UP ) pressed.
10. After this procedure, the phone will boot into the TWRP recovery, and the phone will ask whether you want to allow modifications.
11. Swipe on the screen, In order to get into the TWRP recovery mode.
12. Select Wipe>Format Data, From the TWRP recovery menu.
13. After the formatting data procedure, move back to the TWRP main menu.
14. Again Connect your smartphone to the PC
15. Copy the both SuperSU.zip or the Magisk and the Data Mount Fix files to the phones internal memory storage.
16. Disconnect your Smartphone.
17.Tap Install>Install Zip>Flash the SuperSU.zip or the Magisk.zip files from the TWRP main menu.
18. Then flash the Data Mount Fix file right after flashing the SuperSU or the Magisk files.
19. Go to the TWRP’s main menu and tap Reboot>System.
20. Wait few minutes, the phone will reboot itself to the home screen.
Need help? Drop a comment below!