T-Mobile LG V30/V30+ Android Oreo Update is available for download. Android Oreo brings a lot of new features and security improvements over the last version of Android. In this guide, we will tell you how you can download and install Android Oreo On T-Mobile LG V30/V30+.
Even though LG is a tech giant somehow they were not glittering in the smartphone market until V30 happens. Presumably, it can be asserted that the age of LG in smartphone industry can be divided into two that is before V30 and after V30. It was not that they weren’t making progress in the smartphone market, but LG V30 was a huge blow right in the faces of the competitors. There was no other smartphone model that had this huge impact on the side of LG. LG came back to its strength not because of just by advertising the capabilities but by proving the hype to be real.
Considering the hardware side the LG seems to start dominating but when it comes to firmware there it seems to have some muddle. But the company starts to improve its weaker side by opening up a Global Software Upgrade Center, where the users will receive constant OS updates without fail. The LG V30 got its Oreo update for the Korean users by the late December of 2017. The AT&T and Sprint branded LGV30 also got its Oreo update while the T-Mobile Branded LG V30 didn’t. If you are waiting for the Oreo update on your LG V30 which didn’t happen already, here are the easy steps to download and install them.
Table of Contents
How To Install Android Oreo Update On T-Mobile LG V30/V30+
As we know LG V30 was the flagship smartphone with amazing features built-in. The device comes with the most powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 and of 4GB RAM. The display size is 6.0 inches with P-OLED technology. The difference between V30 and V30+ is in the internal storage. The V30 comes with 64 GB internal storage and V30+ with 128 GB. The Android version that is incorporated into the device is Nougat 7.1.2. Now that can be updated to Android Oreo.
The Android Oreo comes with a lot of difference from its predecessors. Some of them are April 2018 Security patches, App shortcuts, adaptive icons, picture in picture mode, improved settings menu and more. The company is yet to announce the OTA release, but fortunately, you do not have to wait for that long because you can get free access to the firmware now from the link described in this post.
- Backup all the files on your phone before performing the update since all the data will be erased while the process of update: Guide to Backup Your Android Device Without Root
- The phone should be charged to at least 60% before performing the update because if the phone’s battery gets drained in the middle of the process, then the device can be bricked.
- Download the LG USB drivers on your PC and also check whether the device is detected on your PC.
- Download and Install the LG UP Tool on the PC: LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi
- Download and extract the Uppercut Tool:UPPERCUT_22.214.171.124.zip
Download T-Mobile LG V30/30+ Android Oreo Firmware
Steps To Install Android Oreo Firmware On LG V30\30+
- Connect the LG V30/V30+ smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- Download the Uppercut Tool from the Prerequisites section above.
- The downloaded file which is in a Zip format has to be extracted out to an easily accessible location.
- Launch the file Uppercut_126.96.36.199.exe
- On the menu, the phone must be detected and listed.
- Click on the ‘Upgrade’ option given in the ‘process’ menu.
- Select the file with the extension ‘US99820a_04_0330.kdz’.
- The last step is to click on the ‘Start’ icon below.
Now the installation should have been started. The progress bar will show the progress of the current operation. When the update is complete your phone will get restarted automatically with Android Oreo installed in them.
All you have to do now is to navigate through them and enjoy the new Oreo experience. This is the easiest way to install Android Oreo on T-Mobile LG V30/V30+.
Need help? Drop a comment below!