Android P Beta for OnePlus 6 is available now. Google recently announced the Android P beta program for a bunch of devices including some non-Google devices such as OnePlus 6. Read ahead to know more to download and install OnePlus 6 Android P Beta.
A couple of months ago, Google announced the Android P Developer Preview 1 for a couple of Google devices such as Google Pixel. The release was exclusively targeted for Developer for them to make use of the early version of the Android P to optimize their apps to run better. Fast forward a couple of months, we now have the first public beta of Android P.
Unlike the previous beta versions of Android, the Android P beta is available for non-Google phones as well which is a surprising move from Google. We can only hope that this might finally end the curse for Android updates, which is painfully slow.
In this guide, we will tell you how you can download and install Android P Beta on OnePlus 6.
Table of Contents
OnePlus 6 Android P Beta Update
The Android P Beta update for OnePlus 6 comes in the form of zip file which you need to flash manually via your phone settings. Don’t worry, the steps are pretty straightforward and we will walk you through all the steps in detail.
Before you jump in to install Android P on OnePlus 6, here’s a quick list of what’s new in Android P:
- A lot of UI changes.
- Adaptive battery – uses AI to analyze your battery usage patterns and provides best battery life.
- App actions – a new way to raise the visibility of your app to users as they start their tasks.
- Smart reply in notifications.
- New gesture navigation system.
- Text magnifier.
- Background restrictions.
- Enhanced audio.
- Biometric prompt.
- and much more.
It is important to note here that Android is finally getting a much-needed UI upgrade after staying the same for the last couple of versions. I mean, we have not seen any significant UI changes since Google introduced Material Design in Android Lollipop and the UI of Android has stayed the same with only little tweaks here and there. But with Android P, Google is going all-in and completely revamping the look and feel of the entire OS.
Coming back the business here: Installing Android P on OnePlus 6 is pretty straightforward. All you need to do is to download the Android P Beta Zip file and flash the same via settings. Read ahead to know more in detail.
- Take a complete backup of your device before proceeding: Guide to Backup Your Android Device Without Root.
- Make sure your device has at least 60% of charge left.
- This tutorial is only meant for OnePlus 6 and NOT for any other OnePlus devices.
Download Android P Beta for OnePlus 6
- OnePlus6Oxygen_21_OTA_001_all.zip | 1.3 GB
Steps to Install Android P on OnePlus 6
- Copy the downloaded Android P Beta update zip file to your OnePlus 6. Make sure you have copied the file to the root of the internal storage. ‘Root’ is nothing but ‘outside all the folders‘.
- Go to Settings > System Updates.
- Tap on the Gear Icon in the top right corner and tap on Local Upgrade option.
- You will be prompted to select the update file. Select the file which you have downloaded and copied to your device.
- Finally, tap on UPGRADE NOW to install Android P Beta on OnePlus 6.
Once you tap on the above button, the device will check and verify the downloaded zip file and reboot itself to install the Android P Beta update. The first boot of the device after the update will take longer than usual and this is expected; no need to panic.
Please keep in mind that this is a beta version of Android P and not everything will work as expected. But as reported by the users, the build is pretty solid to be used a daily driver and there are no major issues with it. This is the easiest way to install Android P on OnePlus 6.
Need help? Drop a comment below!