If you are looking for a guide on how to root Honor 10, we have got you covered. Honor 10 TWRP Recovery is not yet available for download. But, we do have a workaround in hand to easily root Honor 10 using Magisk.
Huawei launched the Honor 10 smartphone in April 2018. The phone sports a 5.84-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2280 pixels at a PPI of 432 pixels per inch. The Honor 10 is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core processor and it has 6GB of RAM. The phone comes with 128GB of internal storage which cannot be expanded. In the camera department, the Honor 10 packs a 24-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 24-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Honor 10 runs Android 8.1 out of the box and is powered by a 3400mAh. It measures 149.60 x 71.20 x 7.70 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 153.00 grams. In this guide, we will tell you how to root Honor 10 using Magisk.
How to Root Honor 10
For as long as I can remember, the rooting process has always begun by installing a custom recovery such as TWRP and then flashing the root package such as SuperSU or Magisk to obtain root capabilities. But, unfortunately, a custom recovery such as TWRP is not yet available for the Honor 10.
But on the bright side, XDA member LastStandingDroid was able to find an easy workaround to root Honor 10 with Magisk. He extracted the stock boot image (boot.img) from the TL10/AL10 firmware and then patched the same with Magisk. This is actually one of the ways any phone can be rooted with Magisk, but often not used widely.
Thanks to LastStandingDroid, we now can simply grab the modified boot.img file and then use it to easily obtain root capabilities on Honor 10.
- Rooting is for advanced users and it is always advised to take a complete backup of your device before proceeding. Guide to Backup Your Android Device Without Root
- Make sure you have enough battery left on your device for the rooting process.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader of Honor 10. Instruction here: How to Unlock Bootloader of Honor 10.
Steps to Root Honor 10
- Download the Honor 10 patched stock boot image from here: col-magisk-tlxx .img
- Copy the downloaded .img file to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed on your PC.
- Open a command prompt window inside the ADB and Fastboot folder: Holding Shift key + Right Click > Select Open Command Window here
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Down key and connect the phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Now your device will be in bootloader mode.
- Execute the below command in command prompt to flash the modified boot image on your Honor 10:
fastboot flash ramdisk col-magisk-tlxx .img
- Once the flashing process completes, execute the below command to reboot your device.
Congratulations, you now have successfully rooted your Honor 10 with Magisk.
Once the device reboot, open the Magisk Manager App (or install it if it is not present) and re-install Magisk. This is to make sure that there will be no magisk module installation issue in the future. You can follow the guide here: How to Install Install Magisk
This is the easiest way to root Honor 10 using Magisk. Now you can install any root apps or even Magisk Modules on your Honor 10.
Need help? Drop a comment below!