macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop Wallpaper can now be used on Windows PCs as well. In this guide, we will tell you how you can get the macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop Wallpaper on Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
It is pretty common these days to port the functionality of one platform to another. This happens especially when a new feature is announced/released which is liked by the masses. macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop Wallpaper is the latest in that list.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how you can get the macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop Wallpaper on Windows computers by making use of a small utility called WinDynamicDesktop.
macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop Wallpaper
Apple introduced this new cool feature during this year WWDC as one of the many new features of the new macOS Mojave update. So how does this work?
Based on the local sunrise/sunset timings of the user’s locations, this automatically cycles through a set of 16 images of the same desert taken at different times of the day.
So, depending on when you using the computer, the desktop wallpaper will dynamically change by itself. Take a look at the below gif to get a better idea.
Mojave Dynamic Desktop For Windows
A developer named Timothy Johson has decided to take the matter into his own hands. He has made a nifty little app called WinDynamicDesktop which ports the feature to the Windows PCs. Johnson has posted the code to GitHub repo and yes you guessed it right, it is open source.
This works on Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
How To Get Mojave Dynamic Desktop on Windows
- Download the WinDynamicDesktop from GitHub: Download WinDynamicDesktop.
Always make sure to download the latest version available in the above link.
- Double-click the .exe file which you downloaded which will bring up the installation wizard.
- Install the software like you would install any other Windows software.
- Once the installation completes, open the program. The app will try to download the wallpapers in the background. If it seems unresponsive, please be patient.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter your location.
This location data is used to get the local sunrise/sunset timings which will be used to dynamically change the wallpapers throughout the day.
- On successful setup, you would get a message similar to the below one:
In the last step, you could notice how the wallpaper has automatically changed! This is the easiest way to get macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop Wallpapers on Windows PCs.
Need help? Let us know in the comments below!