Missing the call recording features on your OnePlus 6? Don’t worry, it is just hidden away by default. In this guide, we will tell you how you can enable native call recording on OnePlus 6. There are 4 different ways to do it and one of them does not even require root.
OnePlus 6 is one of the hottest phones of the year. From being a new kid on the block to becoming one of the respected manufacturers, OnePlus has sure come a long way. Almost (we all remember OnePlus 2) all of the OnePlus devices till date are absolutely great devices that offer a good bang for your bucks. And OnePlus 6 is no different.
OnePlus 6 packs almost all the features of a true flagship phone: great specs, beautiful design, and wonderful software experience. And it does all of that for just half the price of flagship phone from other manufacturers. For some users, one of the little concerns about the device is the absence of call recording feature. While not everyone uses this feature, there are many who use it every day. In this article, we are going to tell you how you can easily enable call recording on OnePlus 6.
OnePlus 6 Call Recording
If you do not know already, OxygenOS, by default, has a call recording feature. In some regions, it is enabled by default and in some regions, it is not. OnePlus does not officially have said anything about this though. But, we can kind-of understand why it does this. For example, it may not be legal to record calls in some parts of the world.
Thankfully, it is not so hard to enable OnePlus 6 call recording feature. There are multiple methods to do this and all of them are listed below. All credits go to the awesome XDA Forum member shadowstep for compiling all the methods listed below.
You are doing this at your own risk. I and ThemeFoxx.com are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, World War III, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you are unsure of how to go about something. It might be illegal in your country to record calls with/without notifying the other party that the call is being recorded. Either way, you are responsible for using this mod.
Enable Call Recording on OnePlus 6
s already said before, there are multiple methods to achieve this and we will see them one by, below:
Method 1: Using ADB Via Computer
Before proceeding, you must know that if you achieve call recording with this method, it will not survive the reboot. Which means you will have to follow the below steps every time you reboot your device, in order to get call recording. Also, note that this is the only no root method to achieve this; other methods need root.
- Make sure you have ADB setup and working on your computer: Guide to Install and Setup ADB
- Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus: Guide to Enable USB Debugging
- Go to the folder where ADB is install on your PC.
- Open command window from inside the folder: Hold down Shift Key + Right Click > Select ‘Open Command Window Here’.
- Connect your OnePlus device to your PC via USB cable.
- Run the following command to make sure ADB is working properly:
If your device is properly connected, you will see some output on your command window.
- Execute the below command to enable call recording:
adb shell settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1
Method 2: Through a simple app
- Download and install the below app: Download App
- Install the app as normal APK.
- Open the app and grant root permissions.
Method 3: Magisk Module
- Download the OnePlus Call Recorder Magisk Module by clicking below: Download Magisk Module
- Copy the magisk module zip to your device.
- Open Magisk Manager and import the module.
- Reboot if needed.
Method 4: Build.prop edit
- Open a root file explorer of your choice.
- Go to /system folder. Tap on ‘build.prop’ file to open it. Or you can use the below app:
- Look for the phrase ‘persist.sys.oem.region’. Change the value from ‘Overseas’ to ‘CN’ and save the file.
- Make sure the file has proper permissions, i.e. 0644 (rw-r–r–).
Well, there you are. These are the four methods to easily enable call recording on OnePlus 6. Depending on whether or not you have rooted your device, you can choose any of the above-mentioned methods.
Need help? Drop a comment below!