OnePlus 6 is the flagship latest offering from the Chinese manufacturer. The phone was released a few days ago and has been receiving rave reviews from fans and reviewers alike. OnePlus has taken its game up a notch (pun intended) and has completely revamped the look and feel of the device when compared to their older devices.
Just like all OnePlus devices, the developer support for the OnePlus 6 has been amazing and there are already a bunch of custom ROMs and Kernels available for the device. A couple of days ago, we told you how to root OnePlus 6 using Magisk. Today, we will tell you how you can install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6.
- Make a complete backup of your device: Guide to completely backup your device.
- Make sure you have the latest USB Drivers installed on your PC. Get the latest USB Drivers from the below link: Download latest USB driver for your device.
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC: Download and setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
How to Install TWRP on OnePlus 6
- Unlock bootloader on OnePlus 6.
- Download the TWRP IMG file for OnePlus 6.
- For convenience, rename the downloaded file to twrp.img.
- Copy the renamed file to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed on your PC.
- Next, download the TWRP Zip file for OnePlus 6.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your OnePlus 6.
- Boot OnePlus 6 into Fastboot Mode:
- Switch off your device.
- Make sure your device is completely switched off.
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Up button for a few seconds.
- Wait till a Fastboot splash screen appears.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable.
- Go to the folder where you have the adb and fastboot files.
- Now, hold down the Shift Key + Right Click > Open Command Window here.
- Type in the below command:
Once you type in the above, the list of devices will be displayed.
- Execute the following command in command prompt:
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Now, the OnePlus 6 will reboot into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap the Keep Read Only option here.
- Tap the Install button at the top left of the menu.
- Browse and select the zip file which you have copied earlier to your device.
- Swipe and flash the TWRP zip file on your OnePlus 6.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Reboot your device.
Done! Now you have TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6. This is the easiest way to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6.
Need help? Let us know in the comments below!