OnePlus 6 is already getting a lot of DEV support. So it is kinda hard to not mess around with the device. If you have ended bricking your device, we have great OnePlus 6 unbrick guide for you. In this guide, you will learn how to Unbrick OnePlus 6, fix boot loop and flash stock firmware on it via the official OnePlus 6 MSM Download Tool.
When you own a device like OnePlus 6 which gets insane amount of love from Developer Community, you simply can keep from living life dangerously. You tend to root your device or flash a custom kernel or flash a custom ROM altogether. The thing is, these things are pretty advanced stuff and there are a lot of chances for things to go haywire.
If you have tried any of the things above and have ended up with a bricked OnePlus 6, do not worry, this guide will help you to easily unbrick OnePlus 6.
OnePlus 6 Unbrick Guide
There are two levels of bricking which an Android smartphone can achieve(!): Soft Brick and Hard Brick. In soft brick, the phone will end up in a boot loop and won’t enter the system. This can be easily rectified by simply going to the recovery and formatting the data.
The next one is a bit worse: hard brick. The phone becomes almost completely useless where you won’t even be able to reach the boot logo stage. You will have no access to recovery either. The only thing that will work would be the fastboot mode.
Today, we shall see how you can easily unbrick a hard bricked OnePlus 6 in a matter of few minutes. All credits go to [email protected] for coming up with this amazing tool.
- Official OnePlus 6 Unbrick Tool [MsmDownloadTool V4.0]: Download
- Qualcomm Drivers: Download
- ADB and Fastboot: Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot
How to Unbrick OnePlus 6
- Make sure you have downloaded all the things given in the downloads section above.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot Setup on your PC.
- If you are on Windows 8 or above, turn off driver signature verification on your PC: Follow this guide.
- To make sure your bricked OnePlus 6 is powered off: Press and hold the Power Button for 40 seconds to turn off your device.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to your phone. Then, while you press and hold the Volume Up button, connect the other end of the cable to your PC.
- Open Device Manager on your PC.
⇒ Method 1: Right click on My Computer > Select ‘Manage’.
⇒ Method 2: Press Windows Key + R. When the Run prompt appears: Type devmgmt.msc and press ‘OK‘.
- Make sure you have extracted the downloaded Qualcomm Drivers Zip file.
- In the Device Manager: Look for your device. It will be mentioned as ‘Unknown Device or QHUSB_BULK‘. Right click on it and select ‘Update device software‘. Then choose the driver folder manually and install the same.
- After installing the above driver, the device will be shown as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008.
- Extract the downloaded OnePlus 6 Unbrick Tool. Inside the extracted folder, you will find the MSM download tool (which is the OnePlus 6 unbrick tool). Right click on it and select ‘Run as administrator‘.
- The MSM Tool will open. If your device is properly connected, you will see the device listed as in the below picture:
- At the top left corner, you will find an option “Start“. Click it and wait till the device status turns green.
- Disconnect your phone from PC and boot it up.
This is, by far, the easiest way to unbrick OnePlus 6.
Need help? Let us know in the comments below!