In this guide, we will tell you how you can easily install official Huawei Stock Firmware on Huawei and Honor devices. HuRUpdater Tool provides an easy way flash stock Huawei firmware using TWRP Recovery without using PC.
Installing stock firmware on Honor devices is quite a hard task and many people don’t realise that unless it happens to them, but worry no more coz you are in the right place if you don’t know how to flash official firmware in recovery or if you are currently facing some problems while installing any other build firmware and we are here to help you with all the information on “How To Install Official Huawei Firmware With HuRUpdater’.
It is possible to flash any firmware using HuRUpdater and with the help of this, you will be able to flash any stable or beta version official firmware on Huawei or Honor devices easily even though this tool is still in its beta version. Use this tool patch “update.zip” file to install directly via TWRP recovery mode. Before using this tool you should unlock the bootloader of your device and install proper custom recovery (with running oeminfo_nvm_server service) like TWRP recovery. All credits go to the XDA Senior Member zxz0O0.
Table of Contents
What can HuRUpdater tool do?
i. Flash official stock firmware zip files.
ii. It Can detect if firmware locks bootloader.
iii. It Can detect if firmware wipes data.
Since this tool is in its beta version, the number of devices it supports is very much limited.
- Honor 6X
- Honor 7X
- Honor 8
- Huawei P Smart
- Huawei P8 Lite (2017)
- Huawei P9
- Huawei P9 Lite
- Huawei P20
- Honor View 10
- Huawei Mate 9
- Huawei Mate 10
Note: The above list was last updated on 5-July-2018.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- TWRP recovery.
- Download the necessary firmware of your device.
Download HuRUpdater Tool
Guide to Install Huawei Firmware Using HuRUpdater
- Start by downloading all the firmware files:
- update.zip (use Full OTA MF file)
- Then create a new folder in SDcard and copy all firmware files in the exact same folder.
- Download HuRUpdater zip and copy it to the same folder.
- If you want to keep TWRP Recovery intact even after you install the stock firmware, then you should copy TWRP Recovery image file in the same exact folder.
- Now Reboot your device to Recovery mode by pressing Volume up + Power button.
- After this, click on install button and choose SDcard and select the file
- Then Swipe to install.
- Reboot your device once the process complete.
This is the easiest way to install Huawei Stock Firmware on Huawei and Honor devices using HuRUpdater Tool.
Need help? Drop a comment below!