Nubia Android smartphones from ZTE a multinational and trusted company in China. Nubia has acquired both, the Flagship and mid-range Android smartphone market. Nubia is using Qualcomm and MediaTek both chipset on their Android device’s to make it more powerful than ever. Since some of the Nubia devices don’t get the latest OTA(On The Air) update hence many users were finding different ways to flash the update manually. Also, some users hard bricked their devices by flashing wrong custom ROM. Nubia has finally launched a tool (a solution to the problems) the Nubia Emergency Tool similar to Samsung Odin or similar to Mi flash tool.
Nubia Emergency Tool is very useful in certain conditions. It also helps you to update you Nubia device manually. The best part of Nubia Emergency Tool is that it can also recover/unbrick your device which hard bricked(due to flashing the wrong version of ROM or any other reason). This tool supports 99% of the Nubia devices. Basically, this tool will help you when you need it the most and find no other way, let’s see how to use the Nubia Emergency Tool…
Supported Devices – Nubia Z17, Nubia Z7 Series, Z17 Mini S, Z17S, Nubia Z11, Z11 Mini S, Z11 Mini, Z11 Max, Nubia Z9, Nubia 9 Mini, Nubia Z9 Max, Nubia M2, Nubia X6, and Z17 Mini.
- Charge your device up to 50-60% to prevent it from shutting down during the process.
- Take a full backup of the data in the device. If you don’t know how to take a full backup click here.
- Qualcomm Driver Must be installed on your PC since we will use Qualcomm QDL mode in order to recover your nubia device.
Steps to Update, Unbrick Nubia Devices With Nubia Emergency Tool
- Download and install the Nibia Emergency Tool or Nubia Aid on your PC from the download section.
- Turn your phone into QDL Mode. There are 3 ways to do so:
- You can dial *#7678# and turn on FactoryPort.
- Connect your device to PC and download install the required drivers and ADB Fastboot tool. Then enter the following command in the command prompt.
adb shell su getprop persist.sys.usb.config setprop persist.sys.usb.config nubia, adb
- Switch off your device and hold Volume Up + Down + Power Key simultaneously and Connect USB Cable.
- Once you are with the step number 2, Run the Nubia emergency tool and follow the process as per the instructions.
- Now download full ROM from any one of the links given in the download section.
- Copy the downloaded ROM zip file into your device’s storage/Micro SD card storage.
- Boot your device into Recovery mode > Hold Volume up + Power button simultaneously for 2-3secs.
- Once your device is in the Recovery mode, Tap on Install > Select the downloaded ROM zip file > Wait till the process gets completed.
- When step 7 gets completed, Go back to the menu click on Wipe > Factory Reset > Reboot. When the device reboots you will see the updated ROM which you have downloaded from the Nubia website.
Do let us know if you need any help in using the Nubia Emergency Tool.
Need help? Do let us know in the comments below!