Sony phones are always known to have great audio experience. And it starts right from the software. While every Android manufacturer has their own music app, Sony’s Xperia Music App has always had quite a bit of fan following. Even the folks who do not have a Sony device love to use the Sony Xperia Music App on other OEM devices. It is that good.
Now, if the manufacturer puts in a lot of thought of the UI part of the music experience, just think about the amount work they would put in making the actual Sound System behind the Sony phones. If there is one thing that I do not like much about Android device, it is the audio experience. Whenever you see a new phone launch event, all you could hear is how great the display and how crystal clear the camera is and how fast the new processor is. No one talks about the audio experience and that shows the amount of thought and work OEMs put into the audio experience on their devices. It just ain’t about the expensive pair of headphones that you include with the package (Samsung, I’m lookin’ at you.).
Thankfully, earlier this week, XDA Senior Member sirdoha has blessed us all with a port of Xperia XZ2 Sound System for all Android devices. In this guide, we will tell you how you can get the Xperia XZ2 Sound System on any Android device.
Table of Contents
Sony Xperia XZ2 Sound System
Just like any flagship Sony Android device, the Xperia XZ2 also ships with a great inbuilt sound system. There are a lot of options that help you streamline and customize the audio experience just the way you want it to be. XDA Senior Member sirdoha has ported the Xperia XZ2 Sound System to the all Android devices.
In his own words, this exclusive Sony Sound System includes all the Sony Walkman Exclusive Audio Processing Libraries and Effects. Below are some of the notable features from the Xperia Z2 Sound System that has been ported to other Android devices:
- DSEE HX – Upgrades the quality of compressed music files.
- ClearAudio+ – Optimize sound settings.
- Sound effects – Manually adjust a suite of sound enhancement settings.
- Dynamic Normalizer – Minimize volume differences between songs or videos.
- Ability to customize LDAC playback quality.
- Ability to customize mic sensitivity.
- Automatic optimization.
Download Sony Xperia XZ2 Sound System
Now, before you download, you should know that there are three different versions of this port available for download. Below are the different versions and the explanations:
- Universal Edition: For non-Sony devices only. Would not work on Sony devices running stock firmware.
- Sony Edition: For Sony devices only. Specially made for Sony devices running stock firmware.
- Magisk Edition: A magisk module version of the port, for systemless installation.
You can download the version you intend to use by clicking below:
- Universal Edition: Google Drive | DropBox | MEGA | Yandex
- Sony Edition: Google Drive | DropBox | MEGA | Yandex
- Magisk Edition: Google Drive | DropBox | MEGA | Yandex
- A rooted Android device.
- TWRP Recovery or Magisk.
How to Install Sony Xperia XZ2 Sound System on Any Android
1. TWRP Method:
- Download the Xperia XZ2 Sound System Mod Zip file from the downloads section above.
- Transfer the file to your device where you want the mod to be installed.
- Reboot your device into TWRP recovery and flash the downloaded file. Refer the screenshot below:
2. Magisk Method:
- Download the Magisk Edition of the mod from the downloads section above.
- Open the Magisk Manager App.
- Tap on the Menu icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on ‘Modules‘.
- Tap on the Big Yellow Plus ‘+‘ button at the bottom.
- You will be asked to select the Magisk Module zip file. Browse and select the same.
- After you select the zip file, press ‘Install’ if you are asked, to flash Xperia XZ2 Sound System Magisk Module via Magisk Manager App.
- The above step will flash the Magisk module. Once the flashing process completes, tap on ‘REBOOT‘ at the bottom of the screen for the changes to take effect.
I have tried this mod on my OnePlus 3 and it working flawlessly at the moment. You get to take complete control over the way you consume music on your Android device. As mentioned before, though this a great mod, it does come with a few hiccups. Be sure to follow the original XDA Thread to make sure to get the latest updates.
Got more tips? Need help? Drop a comment below!