Google finally made a meaningful update to the YouTube app recently and blessed us all with Incognito Mode for YouTube. In this article, we will tell you how you can enable Incognito Mode in the YouTube App.
For those people who don’t know about Incognito Mode or Privacy Mode: Incognito Mode is a privacy feature available in some of the browsing platforms that help you to disable browsing history and the web cache allowing you to browse unnoticed from the normal crowd of watchful eyes. These type of Incognito Mode/Private browsing is necessary when you truly want some private time off experience, this was earlier popularized by Google Chrome and now set to be available in our popular YouTube android apps however for iPhone users and YouTube’s web version users the release is yet to be announced.
Table of Contents
How to Enable YouTube Incognito Mode on your Android?
- Download and install the latest YouTube application from the Google Play Store on to your Android device.
- To turn on the “Incognito Mode” in your YouTube app, press the icon which is present in the top-right corner displaying your Google profile picture and choose the option “Turn on Incognito” to activate.
- As soon as you activate the “Incognito Mode”, the screen will show you a popup message with some points to remember while using it’s Incognito option and reminds you that your actions might still be visible to your employer, school or to your Internet service provider.
Turning off the YouTube Incognito Mode
To turn off the Incognito Mode, press “Exit Incognito” if the option is available on the screen you’re viewing. You can also choose to simply exit the YouTube app and clear it away later from your recent apps menu.
If the above option did not work out for you, follow the below steps:
- Tap on your profile picture on the top right corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on History and privacy.
- Tap and enable Pause watch history and Pause search history.
You might want to know..
Even though the YouTube’s Incognito Mode For Private Watching helps in some ways, it certainly comes with some disappointments like paused Search history and this means while searching in your Incognito Mode your previous YouTube search history stays ceased/paused for that moment and also note that this mode will not let you access your subscriptions, messages or notifications in inbox and videos added to your library.
Got more tips? Need help? Drop a comment below!