Looking for a way to run Android apps on Google Chrome? Look no further. Learn how you can easily run Android apps on Chrome Browser. Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers on the market right now. Launched in 2008, it has a market share of 66% today. It is fast, reliable, minimalistic and supports a wide range of extensions and plugins. Chrome also blends in perfectly with different products of the Google ecosystem which includes the gigantic search engine, Android Phones, Chromebooks, Google Home, and other similar appliances. Now, what if I say that you can run your favorite Android apps on Chrome on your PC. If you think that is just not possible, here is how you can do it.
Although before opening Google Chrome and starting to surf the web through your device it is highly recommended to use VPN app designed for Android. Virtual private network will secure the data of any device and make it untouchable to any hackers.
Steps to Run Android Apps On Chrome Web Browser
In 2015, Google released an extension for Chrome called the ARC Welder. It allows you to run them directly from your navigator using APK files. Though there are others to run Android apps on your PC, it is undoubtedly the easiest way possible.
Here are few points which you should consider before proceeding into the steps.
- You must be running the latest version of Chrome. Anything below Chrome 67 is not supported.
- This tool is based on Android 4.4, so make sure to test the app that supports Android 4.4 and above.
- Only one app can be loaded at a time.
- Users need to specify, whether they want to run the app on phone or tablet mode.
- You will have to select the layout (portrait/landscape) of the app manually.
Follow these steps to run Android apps on Chrome Web Browser.
- Open the Chrome browser on your PC.
- In the Chrome Web Store, search for the ARC Welder and install it. Alternatively, click the link appearing below to download the extension.
- Once the extension is installed, launch it.
- Download the APK file for the app that you want to use on your PC.
- From the extension, navigate to the location where the downloaded APK file is stored and open it.
- Select the ‘Orientation’ and ‘Form-Factor’ settings for the app.
- Now, click on the ‘Test’ button to open the app.
Note that all the apps from the Google Play Store are not compatible to run on Chrome.
ARC Welder is a tool that can open many doors by unifying the operating systems of your desktop computer and your Android. It allows you to run applications native to Google’s operating system using the comfortable, integrated system of your navigator.
This is one of the easiest ways to run Android apps on Chrome Web Browser. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.
Got more tips? Need help? Drop a comment below!