POCO F1 TWRP Recovery is now available which mean you can root POCO F1! Learn how to easily root POCO F1 and install TWRP Recovery on POCO F1.
Xiaomi launched the Poco F1 smartphone in August 2018. The phone sports a 6.18-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2246 pixels. The Poco F1 is powered by 2.8GHz octa-core processor and it comes with 6GB of RAM. The phone comes with 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. In the camera department, the Poco F1 packs a 12-megapixel (f/1.9, 1.4-micron) + 5-megapixel (f/2.0, 1.12-micron) primary camera on the rear and a 20-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
Installing TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi POCO F1 will help you install custom ROMs, Custom Kernels, and also enabled you to easily root your device. While there are many other ways by which you can root an Android device, using Magisk to root Android is the best way as of now. And for that TWRP is mandatory! Read ahead to know how to install TWRP on POCO F1 and then how to root POCO F1 using Magisk.
- Your POCO F1 Bootloader must be unlocked.
- Installing TWRP is a pretty complex task. Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before proceeding. Guide: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root
- Make sure you have enough charge left on your device. 60% is recommended.
- Download the latest Magisk Zip file.
- Make sure you have latest ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your Mac/Windows/Linux.
- Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options.
How To Install TWRP on Poco F1
- Download all the required files from the Downloads section above.
- Copy the Disable-Force-Encryption-Treble.zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Copy the TWRP recovery image file to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed on your computer. (On my PC the path is C:\Abd and Fastboot so I pasted it here).
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Open a command prompt window inside the ADB and Fastboot folder: Holding Shift key + Right Click > Select Open Command Window here.
- Type the below command in the command window:
After the above step, Grant ADB Permission on your phone, if you are prompted to.
- Use the following ADB command to reboot your device into fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- When in fastboot mode, use this command to flash the TWRP recovery image.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-126.96.36.199-beryllium-20180831.img
- Now execute the below command to reboot your device into TWRP recovery without rebooting.
fastboot boot twrp-188.8.131.52-beryllium-20180831.img
- In TWRP Recovery, you will be prompted to Keep System Read only? Tap on the “Keep Read Only” button to not allow for system modifications.
- Tap on Install > Select the Disable-Force-Encryption-Treble.zip file > Swipe right to flash.
- Go to TWRP Home: Tap on Reboot > Recovery.
How to Root POCO F1
- Once your device boots up back into TWRP, tap on Wipe > Format data and then type ‘yes‘. This will wipe your device completely.
- Connect your device to your PC. Copy the Magisk Zip file to your POCO F1.
- Tap on Install > Select the Magisk Zip file > Swipe right to flash.
- Reboot your device.
Once the installation finished, reboot your device and look for an app called Magisk Manager. If it is not installed, download Magisk Manager APK and install it on your device.
Want to make sure your device is rooted?
Download a simple app called ‘Root checker’ from Google Play store by clicking below:
Once you open the above app, it will show the rooting status on your device. Now that you have successfully rooted your POCO F1, go ahead any MOD or custom ROM you like! This is the easiest way to root POCO F1 and install TWRP on POCO F1.
Need help? Drop a comment below!