Lenovo owned Motorola launched the Moto G6 at an event in Brazil on April 20, 2018, but it eventually made its way to India on June 4, 2018. The phone sports a 5.7 inch Full HD+ IPS LCD display and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 clocked at 1.8 GHz and it comes with 3 or 4 GB of RAM. Internal storage is at 32 or 64 GB which can be further expanded up to 128 GB via a micro SD card. In the camera department, the Moto G6 packs a 12-megapixel (f/1.8, 1.4 microns) primary sensor and a 5-megapixel (f/2.2) depth sensor on the rear and an 8-megapixel (f/2.2) front shooter for selfies. It runs on Android Oreo 8.0 out of the box and is juiced by a 3000mAh battery, which supports turbocharging.
Installing TWRP Recovery on the Motorola Moto G6 will help you install custom ROMs, Custom Kernels, and also enabled you to easily root your device. While there are many other ways by which you can root an Android device, using Magisk to root Android is the best way as of now. And for that TWRP is mandatory! Read ahead to know how to install TWRP on the Moto G6 and then how to root it using Magisk.
- Your Galaxy Note 9’s Bootloader must be unlocked.
- Installing TWRP is a pretty complex task. Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before proceeding. Guide: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root
- Make sure you have enough charge left on your device. A minimum of 60% is recommended.
- Make sure you have latest ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your Mac/Windows/Linux.
- Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options.
- TWRP for Moto G6
- no-dm-verity package
Store these files in the same folder where you have stored the fastboot tools.
Steps To Root Motorola Moto G6 And Install TWRP
- Connect your device to your PC using a USB Data Cable.
- From your PC, open the folder where the ADB and Fastboot tools are stored.
- Next, open the Command Window by pressing shift + right mouse button.
- Type the following command in the command window and press enter: adb reboot bootloader.
- Now, type the below command on your command window: fastboot devices. Once your phone’s serial number shows up, continue with the next steps else make sure all the above requirements are satisfied and you have correctly executed the steps mentioned till now.
- Type this command: fastboot flash boot no_dm_verity_package_name_goes_here.img
- Next, type the following commands to install TWRP on your Moto G6: fastboot flash recovery ****.img
- Note to replace **** with the name of the TWRP Recovery Image that you downloaded from the download’s section before proceeding for the step by step guide.
- Once TWRP is installed, disconnect your phone from your PC, power it off and reboot it into the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously.
- Swipe on the required space on your screen to allow modifications.
- In TWRP Recovery Interface, Tap on Install Button and then navigate to internal storage where you transferred or downloaded the Magisk zip file and tap on the file to install it.
- Next, swipe to confirm flash.
- When the flashing completes successfully, normally reboot your device.
Once the installation finished, reboot your device and look for an app called Magisk Manager. If it is not installed, download Magisk Manager APK and install it on your device.
Recommended: Best Magisk Modules for Android 
Congratulations! You just successfully rooted your Moto G6 and installed TWRP.
This is the easiest way to root and install TWRP on Moto G6. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.
Got more tips? Need help? Drop a comment below!