Late last year, HMD released an entry-level device under the Nokia brand as the Nokia 2. The Nokia 2 sports in a 5 inch HD (1280×720) LTPS display in the traditional 16:9 aspect ratio with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 SoC clocked at 1.3 GHz with Adreno 304 handling the graphics duties and it comes with 1 GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 128 GB via a micro SD card. In the camera department, the Nokia 2 packs an 8-megapixel primary lens on the rear with support for autofocus and a 5 MP front shooter for selfies. It runs on Stock Android 7.1.1 out of the box which can be updated to Android Oreo and is juiced by a 4100mAh. HMD says that the phone has been designed to be energy efficient without compromising on performance.
Installing TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 8 will help you install custom ROMs, Custom Kernels, and also enabled you to easily root your device. While there are many other ways by which you can root an Android device, using Magisk to root Android is the best way as of now. And for that TWRP is mandatory! Read ahead to know how to install TWRP on the Nokia 2 and then how to root it using Magisk.
- Installing TWRP is a pretty complex task. Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before proceeding. Guide: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root
- Make sure you have enough charge left on your device. A minimum of 60% is recommended.
- Make sure you have latest ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your Mac/Windows/Linux. Windows users will need to install the latest Nokia USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options.
Place the TWRP image file inside your PC’s ADB folder and store Magisk in your phone’s external memory.
Steps To Root Nokia 2 And Install TWRP
- 1Open the Settings app and Go to Developers Option. If the developer option is not available, open About Phone and tap on the build number 7 times.
- Look for OEM Unlocking option and enable it. You will get a warning message. Accept it.
- Now, enable USB Debugging as well.
- Connect your device to your PC using a USB Data Cable.
- From your PC, open the folder where the ADB and Fastboot tools are stored.
- Next, open the Command Window by pressing shift + right mouse button.
- Type the following command in the command window and press enter: adb reboot bootloader.
- Now, type the below command on your command window: fastboot devices. Once your phone’s serial number shows up, continue with the next steps else make sure all the above requirements are satisfied and you have correctly executed the steps mentioned till now.
- Next, type the following commands to install TWRP on your Nokia 2: fastboot flash recovery ****.img
- Note to replace **** with the name of the TWRP Recovery Image that you downloaded from the download’s section before proceeding for the step by step guide.
- Once TWRP is installed, disconnect your phone from your PC, power it off and reboot it into the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously.
- Swipe on the required space on your screen to allow modifications.
- In TWRP Recovery Interface, Tap on Install Button and then navigate to internal storage where you transferred or downloaded the Magisk zip file and tap on the file to install it.
- Next, swipe to confirm flash.
- When the flashing completes successfully, normally reboot your device.
Once the installation finished, reboot your device and look for an app called Magisk Manager. If it is not installed, download Magisk Manager APK and install it on your device.
Recommended: Best Magisk Modules for Android 
Congratulations! You just successfully rooted your Nokia 2 and installed TWRP.
This is the easiest way to root and install TWRP on Nokia 2. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.
Got more tips? Need help? Drop a comment below!