Unlock PC with Android! Learn how to easily unlock your Windows PC by using the fingerprint sensor on your Android phone. In recent times, one can see that higher-end Windows PCs are being launched equipped with options to unlock the device using the biometric authentic methods i.e. using fingerprints. Saying so, many of us are still stuck on passcode as unlock mechanism. Fingerprint unlock on PCs is very limited and those available right now may not match the tastes of every buyer.
Last year, Samsung introduced the Samsung Flow that enables seamless, secure, connected experience across your devices. You can authenticate your Tablet/PC with your smartphone, share content between devices, and sync notifications or view contents from your smartphone on your Tablet/PC. If you happen to own a Samsung phone and if your PC runs on Windows 10, your problem is solved as you can download this app from the Google Play Store and take advantage of its features and services.
Table of Contents
Download Samsung Flow APK
For all other non-Samsung Android users, you can also similar service courtesy of XDA Member Andrew-X who came out with a solution in the form of an application called Remote Fingerprint Unlock which lets you unlock any Windows PC via the fingerprint scanner on your Android smartphone.
System Requirements To Use Remote Fingerprint Unlock
The minimum requirements to run Remote Fingerprint Unlock are as follows:
- x86 or x64 architectures
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 PCs
- Android 6.0+
Features Of Remote Fingerprint Unlock
- Support for remotely unlocking both local and online Microsoft accounts via the fingerprint scanner
- Set up 1 PC with 1 account for remote unlocking
- Wi-Fi Tethering support
There is a pro version of the app as well which costs 1.99 USD and includes the following features:
- No advertisements
- Adding multiple Windows PCs
- Adding multiple accounts per Windows PC
- Support Wake-on-LAN
Steps To Unlock Your PC Using Remote Fingerprint Unlock
- Download and install Remote Fingerprint Unlock from the Google Play Store by clicking on the link appearing below.
- Download and install the right Windows Fingerprint Credential Module for your Windows PC.
- Once done with the above two procedures, open Remote Unlock Fingerprint app from your android phone and go to the Scan section.
- Start the scan procedure and once your PC is found, tap on it to add your PC.
- Once done, go to the Accounts section and tap on “Add Account.” Enter the username and password of the account you want to remotely unlock.
- Now tap on your account name to finish the setup.
You can now turn on your PC and you will be able to find a new user with the name “Fingerprint Unlock” with a message that the module is active. Now, launch the Remote Fingerprint Unlock app from your phone and scan your fingerprint to unlock your PC.
Congratulations! You just unlocked your Windows PC with the help of the fingerprint sensor present on your Android phone.
Let us take a moment to appreciate the hard work of XDA developer Andrew-X which made this thing possible.
Link for Remote Fingerprint Unlock’s official XDA forum:
This is the easiest way to unlock your Windows PC using the fingerprint sensor on your Android phone. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying the unofficial port of Android P Beta based on DP3. In case I missed to mention anything, please let me know in the comments section down below.
Got more tips? Need help? Drop a comment below!