Lineage OS 15.1 For Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro is finally available for download! In this article, we are bringing you the latest Lineage OS 15.1 For Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro along with detailed installation instructions.
The wait is finally over as Lineage OS 15.1, the much-awaited, most popular custom ROM for Android devices, is now available for download for Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro. Lineage OS 15.1 is the next update by Lineage OS team after the Lineage OS 15 which was originally based on Android 8.0; Lineage OS 15.1 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Lineage OS 15.1 will include all the new and updated features of Android 8.1 Oreo. By installing Lineage OS 15.1 on Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro, you will be able to enjoy all the latest Android 8.1 Oreo features Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro. Lineage OS 15.1 is one of the very first custom ROM to bring Android 8.1 Oreo to many Android devices.
If you were looking for a way to install Android 8.1 Oreo based Lineage OS 15.1 on your Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro, then this is the guide you are looking for. Read ahead to know more and download Lineage OS 15.1 For Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro.
Table of Contents
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 For Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro
Android 8.1 was released a few days ago, but only a very few Android devices got to be the lucky ones to enjoy all the sweetness of Android Oreo. As always, Android Oreo was originally released as a Developer Preview under the codename Android O, before being released to the public as Android Oreo.
Even Google is constantly working on bringing new and updated features, along with Security Enhancements to Android devices, it is up to the manufacturers and wireless carriers to bring them to their devices. If we look at the Android devices update history, it’s not the one that Android Universe is proud about. Except for the latest flagship devices, most of the devices from almost all the manufacturers are left out in the cold without any Android system update whatsoever. And that is the reason why custom ROMs such as Lineage OS are very important and integral part of the Android community.
About Lineage OS 15.1
Lineage OS is a custom ROM for Android devices based on the Android Open Source Project. Lineage OS is the work of the amazing Android community developers from all around the world. Lineage OS adds many custom functionalities, features, options, and tweaks on top of the AOSP Android and make the latest Android be available for many Android devices which would otherwise not see any kind of update.
Thanks to Android Oreo, here are some of the features that Lineage OS 15.1 brings to Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro:
- Picture In A Picture
- Password Autofill
- Notification Channels
- Snooze Notifications
- Notification Dots
- New Emoji Styling
- Smart Text Selection
- Auto-Enable Wi-Fi
- Keyboard Navigation
- Multi-Display Support
- Improved Icons
- Neural Networks API
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers
- and much, much more
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro. DO NOT follow this guide for any other device/model.
- Make a complete backup of your device before preceding: Follow this guide.
- You must have TWRP installed on your Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro. If you don’t know how to install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro then please follow the guide here.
- Your device bootloader must be unlocked. If not, you can do so by following the guide here.
- Make sure your device has enough charge left on it so that it doesn’t get turned off during the process; 50% of charge is recommended.
- Make sure to download all the required files from the downloads section below.
- Follow the guide carefully and make sure you do not skip any steps. Missing out on the steps may render your device unusable.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro
There are two downloads, one is the LineageOS 15.1 Zip file for Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro and another one is the LineageOS 15.1 GApps Package. You need to download both the zip file:
Steps to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro
- Make sure you have read the ‘Requirements‘ Section clearly.
- Download all the required files from the downloads section above.
- Copy the Lineage OS 15.1 Zip file and the Lineage OS 15.1 GApps Zip file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery:
- Tap on ‘Wipe’.
- Then again tap on ‘Advanced Wipe’.
- Select these options: Dalvik /ART Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Make sure Internal Storage is NOT selected.
- Then ‘Swipe to Wipe’.
- Wait of the wiping process to complete. Once the wiping process is complete, the next step is to flash the LineageOS 15.1 Zip on your Android Device. To do this:
- Go to TWRP main screen.
- Tap on ‘Install’.
- Browse and select the LineageOS 15.1 Zip file and ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’.
- Once the installation is complete, next you must install GApps in order to have all the Google functionalities. Follow the exact same procedure in the last step to flash the LineageOS 15.1 GApps Package as well.
- Once all the above procedures are complete, reboot your device.
Please note that first boot may take longer than usual; this is expected, please be patient. Once the device has successfully rebooted, follow the below guide, if you want to root your Android device:
Need resources to spice up your newly setup Android device? Below links should help:
If you are looking for LineageOS 15.1 ROM for any other Android device, follow the below link:
Need help? Drop a comment below and we will help you out! Also, do let us know in the comments below if you are looking for LineageOS (any version) for your Android device.