Lineage OS 16 For Galaxy S7 is finally available for download! In this article, we are bringing you the latest Lineage OS 16 For Galaxy S7 along with detailed installation instructions.
Google has taken the wraps off the official Android 9.0 Pie, the latest and great in the Android Universe at the moment. After thorough testing through several Developer Previews and Betas, the final version of Android Pie was made available to the public. Only a handful of devices has received the official Android 9.0 Pie Update for their devices. If you have been looking to get Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy S7, worry not, this article is what you are looking for.
Thanks to Lineage OS 16, you can now install Android Pie on Galaxy S7. LineageOS 16, based on Android 9.0 Pie, brings all the Android Pie features to Galaxy S7. Read ahead to know more and download Lineage OS 16 For Galaxy S7.
Table of Contents
How to Install Lineage OS 16 For Galaxy S7
Android 9.0 Pie is the latest version of Android which comes with a lot of new features and security enhancements as well when compared to the previous versions of Android. After a long time, we get to see some major changes all across the Android UI and UX. The new card interface and navigation gestures are probably the biggest changes, in terms of UI and UX.
Though Google is constantly working to bring new features and security enhancements to the Android Operating system, not all the devices get to enjoy them. More often than not, most Android OEMs and carriers do not care to provide an update to their phones except their flagship lineup of devices. This is the one thing about Android which we wish could change. There is a big gap when it comes to updates on the Android platform and that is exactly the gap that custom ROMs such as LineageOS are looking to fill, well, to an extent. Thanks to LineageOS, a lot of devices, which would otherwise never see any update in their lifetime, can enjoy all the goodness of Android 9.0 Pie Update.
About Lineage OS 16
Lineage OS is a custom ROM for Android devices based on the Android Open Source Project. Lineage OS is the work of the amazing Android community of developers from all over the world. Lineage OS adds many new functionalities, features, options, and tweaks on top of the vanilla AOSP Android and makes the latest Android be available for many Android devices which would otherwise not see any kind of update. The severe vulnerability of Android (and other) devices to the WiFi KRACK (Key Reinstallation Attack) was addressed in the Lineage ROM as of 16 October 2017. Many devices, which will not receive a patch for the manufacturers’ stock ROMs, can be protected against KRACK by installing a LineageOS ROM.
Thanks to Android Oreo, here are some of the features that Lineage OS 16 brings to Galaxy S7:
- Brand New UI
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Notch Support
- App Actions
- Lockdown Mode
- Zoom in text
- Smart Notification Channels
- Dark Themes (yay!)
- Better Security
- New Media Panel
- Autofill API
- 157 New Emojis
- Adaptive Battery
Here are some screenshots of LineageOS 16 based on Android 9.0 Pie:
- This guide is only for Galaxy S7. DO NOT follow this guide for any other device/model.
- Make a complete backup of your device before preceding: Follow this guide.
- You must have TWRP installed on your Galaxy S7. If you don’t know how to install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S7 then please follow the guide here.
- Your device bootloader must be unlocked. If not, you can do so by following the guide here.
- Make sure your device has enough charge left on it so that it doesn’t get turned off during the process; 50% of charge is recommended.
- Make sure to download all the required files from the downloads section below.
- Follow the guide carefully and make sure you do not skip any steps. Missing out on the steps may render your device unusable.
Download Lineage OS 16 For Galaxy S7
There are two downloads, one is the LineageOS 16 Zip file for Galaxy S7 and another one is the LineageOS 16 GApps Package. You need to download both the zip files:
Steps to Install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S7
- Make sure you have read the ‘Requirements‘ Section clearly.
- Download all the required files from the downloads section above.
- Copy the Lineage OS 16 Zip file and the Lineage OS 16 GApps Zip file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery:
- Tap on ‘Wipe’.
- Then again tap on ‘Advanced Wipe’.
- Select these options: Dalvik /ART Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Make sure Internal Storage is NOT selected.
- Then ‘Swipe to Wipe’.
- Wait of the wiping process to complete. Once the wiping process is complete, the next step is to flash the LineageOS 16 Zip on your Android Device. To do this:
- Go to TWRP main screen.
- Tap on ‘Install‘.
- Browse and select the LineageOS 16 Zip file and ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash‘.
- Once the installation is complete, next you must install GApps in order to have all the Google functionalities. Follow the exact same procedure in the last step to flash the LineageOS 16 GApps Package as well.
- Once all the above procedures are complete, reboot your device.
Please note that first boot may take longer than usual; this is expected, please be patient. Once the device has successfully rebooted, follow the below guide, if you want to root your Android device:
Need resources to spice up your newly setup Android device? Below links should help:
If you are looking for LineageOS 16 ROM for any other Android device, follow the below link:
Need help? Drop a comment below and we will help you out! Also, do let us know in the comments below if you are looking for LineageOS (any version) for your Android device.