Pixel Experience ROM For ZUK Z1 is finally available for download! In this article, we are bringing you the latest Pixel Experience ROM For ZUK Z1 along with detailed installation instructions.
Android, being the open source operating system it is, is often heavily customized by the manufacturers before being shipped to their users. Expect a very few OEMs, almost all of them have a custom skin which is applied on top of AOSP Android. A lot of new features, options, and functionalities are added to the vanilla Android. Many manufacturers even offer an option to completely change the theme on their devices. While all this is well and good, more often than not, the software becomes bloated with options that most users won’t need or want on their devices. Because of this, phones with great hardware are often slowed down because of the bloated software.
On the other hand, Google Pixel phones come with almost stock Android. The software is extremely well optimized and so clean without much customization options, except a very few much needed added functionalities. Because of this very reason, Google Pixel phones are often known to outperform many other devices with even better specs. Simply put, Pixel ROMs are exactly how Google, the makers of Android, want Android to be experienced by the users. Pixel Experience ROM intends to bring the Google Pixel user experience to other Android devices as well.
Thanks to Pixel Experience ROM, you can now enjoy a Google Pixel User Experience on ZUK Z1. In this guide, we are bringing you latest version of Pixel Experience ROM for ZUK Z1 for download.
Table of Contents
How to Install Pixel Experience ROM For ZUK Z1
AOSP Android is the cleanest and most basic version of Android. There is absolutely no customization settings or extra options available on the vanilla Android. One of the greatest things about the Android operating system is its ability to be easily customized as per anyone’s need. That, combined with the fact that it is completely open-source, has opened the gates to smartphone manufacturers to play around with the Android operating system.
While the phone you buy comes with a great hardware, you might have noticed that it gets slowed down over time. That is because, all those ‘extra’ features that your manufacturer has added to Android to make it more appealing to you, has taken its toll on the overall performance of the operating system. If you are looking for a clean, fast, and butter smooth Android Experience, Google Pixel phones are the way to go. But not all of us can afford that or not all of us like their build quality or hardware specs. In that case, Pixel Experience ROM is your next best option.
About Pixel Experience ROM
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google Apps included and all the Google Pixel goodies. The mission of the ROM is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device. There are no fancy, unwanted ‘extra’ options that might slow down the user experience over time. What you get is a clean ROM with a bunch of handpicked extra options, just the way Google intended Android to be.
Below are some of the goodies that the Pixel Experience ROM packs:
- Google Pixel Launcher
- Google Pixel Wallpapers
- Google Pixel Icons
- Google Pixel Fonts
- Google Pixel Bootanimation
- This guide is only for ZUK Z1. DO NOT follow this guide for any other device/model.
- Make a complete backup of your device before preceding: Follow this guide.
- You must have TWRP installed on your ZUK Z1. If you don’t know how to install TWRP on ZUK Z1 then please follow the guide here.
- Your device bootloader must be unlocked. If not, you can do so by following the guide here.
- Make sure your device has enough charge left on it so that it doesn’t get turned off during the process; 50% of charge is recommended.
- Make sure to download all the required files from the downloads section below.
- Follow the guide carefully and make sure you do not skip any steps. Missing out on the steps may render your device unusable.
Download Pixel Experience ROM For ZUK Z1
Click below to download the latest version of Pixel Experience ROM for your device.
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on ZUK Z1
- Make sure you have read the ‘Requirements‘ Section clearly.
- Download all the required files from the downloads section above.
- Copy the Pixel Experience ROM Zip file to your Android device.
- Boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery:
- Tap on ‘Wipe’.
- Then again tap on ‘Advanced Wipe’.
- Select these options: Dalvik /ART Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Make sure Internal Storage is NOT selected.
- Then ‘Swipe to Wipe’.
- Wait of the wiping process to complete. Once the wiping process is complete, the next step is to flash the Pixel Experience Zip on your Android Device. To do this:
- Go to TWRP main screen.
- Tap on ‘Install‘.
- Browse and select the Pixel Experience ROM Zip file and ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash‘.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your device. [No need to install GApps separately as it is already included in the ROM]
Please note that first boot after installation may take longer than usual; this is absolutely normal, please be patient. If the device takes too long to boot up or if it is stuck in a boot loop, reboot to recovery and format cache and then again try booting it up. Once the device has successfully rebooted, follow the below guide, if you want to root your Android device:
Need resources to spice up your newly setup Android device? Below links should help:
If you are looking for Pixel Experience EOM for any other Android device, follow the below link:
Need help? Drop a comment below and we will help you out! Also, do let us know in the comments below if you are looking for Pixel Experience ROM for your Android device.