In this guide, we will tell you how you can easily enable call recording feature on LG G6 and LG V30 without any third party apps.
LG G6 and LG V30 may not be the best of LG have to offer at the moment, but they are still great devices. Especially considering the fact that their prices have gone way down in recent times, they are undoubtedly some of the best devices you could grab in their price category. Now, we are not going to ask what you miss on your LG G6 or LG V30, as the answer to that might be a pretty long list. But the once we know might be of great help to you is the call recording feature.
In this article, we have laid out the steps you can follow to enable the call recording feature on the native phone app that ships with the device. That’s right, call recording without any third party apps.
Table of Contents
Enable Call Recording on LG G6 and V30
Call recording is one of the very useful features that many users miss and actually would love to have on their smartphones. Smartphones have come a long way in the past couple of years both in terms of hardware and software. I still remember the good old days where I used owned the Samsung Galaxy Y with a 3.5 inch VGA Screen; what a device it was! While smartphones have improved vastly in many aspects, there are still some areas where we could see a lot of improvement. Call recording is one such area.
There could be various reasons why OEMs decide not to include the call recording option in their devices. The main reason could be because it may not be legal to record calls in some countries/regions. But, that shouldn’t let them not include the feature in the countries where it is actually legal(although that might need a lot of work). After all, it is only a software feature which can easily be rolled out to only to specific countries/regions.
- Your device must be rooted.
- Your device must have TWRP Recovery installed.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding.
Steps to Enable Call Records on LG G6 and LG V30
There are two ways by which you can achieve this. Let us look at them one by one:
Method 1. By installing LG In Call UI App
- Download the LG In Call UI app by clicking here: LGInCallUI.apk
- Download MiXplorer File Manager from here: Download MiXplorer.apk
- Install the download MiXplorer APK and open the same.
- Navigate to the folder where you have downloaded the LGInCallUI.apk file and copy it. Now, navigate to the below path and paste it.
If you are notified that the apk already exists, click on the replace button.
- After pasting the file in the destination folder mentioned above, long press the pasted file and tap on the ‘information’ button at the top.
- Next, tap on the ‘Permissions’.
- In the next screen, set the permissions as below:
- Reboot your device, for the changes to take effect.
Method 1. By Flashing a Zip file via TWRP
- Download the Call recording mod in a zip format by clicking here: Download
- Copy the downloaded file to the internal storage of your device.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Power Button.
- Once you are in TWRP, tap on ‘Install’ and select the zip file you have downloaded and install the same.
- Reboot your device.
Those were the two method by which you can enable native call recording on your LG G6 and LG V30. Now you can start recording call through the native in-call UI.
Need help? Drop a comment below!